Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a new Street 500. I want to add some universal after market saddle supports from Willie & Max. Anything I need to know before I do.

When removing the fender bolts, noticed no access to a nut on inside fender??? Is there a fixed nut? Do I just need lock tight?

·
Registered
490 Posts
It is a fixed nut. Do not use Red loctite. Many here had stripped the bolt head cause the Harley assemblers used the red loctite. Use the BLUE Loctite instead. I installed bolts from an Easy Bracket kit to accommodate my luggage rack. Now I have a choice as to what brand of saddle bags I want to use. I just need to pull the trigger. Hope this helps..

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
It is a fixed nut. Do not use Red loctite. Many here had stripped the bolt head cause the Harley assemblers used the red loctite. Use the BLUE Loctite instead. I installed bolts from an Easy Bracket kit to accommodate my luggage rack. Now I have a choice as to what brand of saddle bags I want to use. I just need to pull the trigger. Hope this helps..
Do you have a picture of this? If not can you please take a pic and post it of the bike with the mounting bracket attached with room for the HD luggage rack you mention.

Thank you

Best,

USVet96

1 - 4 of 4 Posts