Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ventured down this track?

Looking to tidy up my front end and rear end with smaller more discrete LED turn signals.

Cheers

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tuffside sells the TruFlex Integrated Run/Brake/Turn LED strip and also the Harley XG Street 500/750 Fender Eliminator .

I have been looking into substituting LED bulbs that are direct replacements for the current bulbs. Most people using LED's are looking for a sleeker profile, whereas I just want the brightness.

Reactions: Big Rus

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have just changed turn signal to LED, cost about USD6 for all 4. it has no brand BUT its bright, however point to note, its so white bright that our stock turn signal cover from orange to yellow when lighted up. and mine is blinking faster than the stock light.

if you want to change only led bulb and keep the stock turn signal, best do not get white led, but i guess its cheap and brighter than stock, hence am ok with it...

lastly to get shorter bulb as my first purchase, the led was long, hence could not fit in which now i used on my car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
... its so white bright that our stock turn signal cover from orange to yellow when lighted up. and mine is blinking faster than the stock light.
My plan was to go with amber LED's to prevent the color shift.

Several of our members have reported the fast flash. That runs contrary to the information I've seen that indicates changing all of the bulbs to LED's at the same time avoids that problem. I would think that the LED consuming less power would lead to a slow flash instead of a fast flash. That's the way old car blinkers would work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts