Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

AIr filter

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tucsonmax1 
#1 ·
Best Air filter with screaming eagle exhaust ?

Does it requires remapping ?

Any Noticeable performance ?

#2 ·
My Dealer told me that it will most likely need the Stage 1 Reprogram with the Exhaust and Air Cleaner. As far as the AF, One thing I don't like about the "Exposed" filters is, Sometimes I ride in the rain. And have been caught in some heavy downpours. Good chance of sucking water into the intake. Which is why I installed the K&N Drop in. Only costs about $63 at some places, DK, Summit Racing for example.

#3 ·
Vicks, if ur SE slipon is having diffuser discs, then ur stock intake will also do absolutely fine, at max u should go for stage one , SE intake, and no remapping is required for that combination...

But if u are using an open end muffler, then for best performance i wld suggest, V& h vo2 naked free flow intake, and yes it wld require remapping if u want the best out of ur beast.....as far as driving in rain is concerned, u can buy the filter socks......to prevent from rain and dust....

Yes u will definitely find more power with extra smoothness.....

#5 ·
some after market vendor told me DNA air filter is much better than Stock & SE Stage 1,
i am planning to upgrade Air filer, (Planning for V&H exhaust but dealer clearly say it will void engineer warranty, so i am in dilemma weather to go for it or not :-/)

#6 ·
Mine was running ok after I changed the Muffler and K&N Air Filter. Until I put a set of saddle bags on. Then I noticed the bike had little power. After I put the V&H FP3 on, It woke up. I used the Map that V&H recommended I use. Did not try the Auto Tune function. One day, I May put the Velocity Intake on. Just cant justify the price. And I have seen some stick out really far. That my leg would hit it.

By running OK, Mine would have Deceleration sputtering. After FP3, Every once in awhile. Usually when Cold(30sF) outside.

Before the FP3, I was getting roughly 58 Mpg. After FP3?? Hard to say. Only put 50 miles or so on it. But when I filled it, About 50. Note: Its Winter here in NJ. So I have been running the bike in the garage just to keep things "Stirred up". So My MPGs after the FP3 are not accurate. Plus, I didn't have a completely full tank to begin with. My real MPGs is slightly higher.

Based on my experience, I would Recommend the FP3. Have not tried the HD Stage 1 Tune. Can't comment on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.