Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people ! im a new owner of the street 500 love my bike , although its a stepping stone to a night train >:D im sure its a ??? that has been asked im looking to put a aftermarket air filter on, was really hoping too be able to put a screaming eagle chrome pod on for a little more power as the bike struggles with the hills riding to work . Hoping for some advice

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been told to go with the Vance & Hines and also the FP3 . Which I just ordered today, to replace the stock on my 750.
I also have the two brothers slip-on exhaust on my bike. Huge sound difference then stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you i have the v&h pipe was already looking at the fp3 as there is great feed back , i was hoping to get a pod style filter with a little bling lol . They say the k&n fits the 750 & 500 but all pictures and stats show only 750 , so i'm a little lost !!!! and agian it's all black " No bling factor "

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The K&N Filter kit would make it look like a Lowrider S. But uses a Plastic duct.

·
Registered
155 Posts
thank you i have the v&h pipe was already looking at the fp3 as there is great feed back , i was hoping to get a pod style filter with a little bling lol . They say the k&n fits the 750 & 500 but all pictures and stats show only 750 , so i'm a little lost !!!! and agian it's all black " No bling factor "

The XG500/XG750 are the same except for engine displacement, parts will fit on either bike.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The 750 has a slightly larger Throttle Body. 38mm. 500 is 36 if I remember correctly

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
K and N is aluminum

yep, the K and N is aluminum. And only in black. Not sure I would want chrome, but polished aluminum to match cylinder fins and badge would be good.
and the Vance and Hines comparable style is called the "Heavy Breather" Sorry, but sound like a creepy, phone stalker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi im looking to fit a sporster air filter on my street 750 I will need some sort of adapter any help please

1 - 9 of 9 Posts