176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Modifications done

1. Replaced Slip-On Exhust
2. Installed Alarm/Perimeter Sensor/Remote Engine-Cut Off System
3. Replace seat with Reduced Reach Seat
4. Installed a Windsheild
5. Installed luggage rack
6. Not to the beast but to my helmet-Installed a Uclear Helmet Communicator System

Planned Modifications
1. Engine Quards (I feel that I am now ready for these so I can get out in the parking lot and work on my weakness since I am more comfortable on the Beast but with the practice, I know there is a chance (i hope it does not happen) that the beast go down
2. Replacing the Handle Bar with a Reduced Handle Bar...this mean that the clutch line will have to be replace because the handle bar will be close to me but need longer line. It sucks to be a shorty but thank God for mods.
3. Move that ugly horn out of sight
4. Install Saddlebags for storage purpose

This are all the plans for now but if I stay on this site and continue to read, who knows what else will popp up but I think it is time to slow my row.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Sir, what are the chances of HD guys expeditiously clearing the issues pointed out by experts like those pertaining to poor wiring, the rear view mirrors, foot pegs, long distance unfriendly seats, ugly headlights, parallel-to-the-ground position of fuel tank, handle bars, hand grips and of course, disc brakes? Also, Is it possible to have the brakeout handlebar and a different fueltank (something in a more cruiser-like position/ gradient)?

·
Registered
47 Posts
:)
Modifications done

6. Not to the beast but to my helmet-Installed a Uclear Helmet Communicator System

Planned Modifications
1. Engine Quards (I feel that I am now ready for these so I can get out in the parking lot and work on my weakness since I am more comfortable on the Beast but with the practice, I know there is a chance (i hope it does not happen) that the beast go down
2. Replacing the Handle Bar with a Reduced Handle Bar...this mean that the clutch line will have to be replace because the handle bar will be close to me but need longer line. It sucks to be a shorty but thank God for mods.

This are all the plans for now but if I stay on this site and continue to read, who knows what else will popp up but I think it is time to slow my row.
Sounds awesome!

I'm interested in how you got the alarm system.. could you give me any leads on that?

and please do post some pics !

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'll chime in here with all my mods:

1 - V&H Competition slip-on exhaust
2 - V&H Naked air cleaner w add on cover
3 - V&H Fuelpak 3 tuner
4 - Harley luggage rack
5 - American Motorcycle windscreen
6 - Mirror extenders
7 - Alarm system
8 - Handlebar phone mount / w power cable run from tender plug
9 - Sena helmet mounted Bluetooth kit for intercom, nav, phone calls, music, etc
9 - Buckshot exhaust heat shields
10 - Rear brake pedal overhaul / adjustment for higher pedal
11 -Added Gremlin bell that my daughter gave me

Next mod: Different horn (dual tone) and location

·
Registered
490 Posts
Modifications done

Planned Modifications

I have the Uclear in my helmet and I can listen to my tunes from my smart phone and answer phone calls without having to touch the cell phone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Photos please

I'll chime in here with all my mods:

1 - V&H Competition slip-on exhaust
2 - V&H Naked air cleaner w add on cover
3 - V&H Fuelpak 3 tuner
4 - Harley luggage rack
5 - American Motorcycle windscreen
6 - Mirror extenders
7 - Alarm system
8 - Handlebar phone mount / w power cable run from tender plug
9 - Sena helmet mounted Bluetooth kit for intercom, nav, phone calls, music, etc
9 - Buckshot exhaust heat shields
10 - Rear brake pedal overhaul / adjustment for higher pedal
11 -Added Gremlin bell that my daughter gave me

Next mod: Different horn (dual tone) and location
Obtuse, I'd like to see some photos if you get a chance. I want to see how the V&H intake and exhaust look with the buckshot heat shields. They are on my wish list. I am strongly considering the Firebrand slip-on as well.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I love it, do you like it??
I certainly do love my Uclear. Since everyone is listing the mods they have done to their Street, I will list mine.

1. Harley clip on Windshield for the street.
2. Harley Reduce reach handle bars and 1 inch longer clutch cable. (Clutch cable can be installed with out completely removing gas tank.)
3. Engine guard.
4. Harley Luggage rack and back rest.
5. Harley Daymaker headlight.
6. Harley Mirror Extenders
7. Harley front, rear, sway bar Black nut covers.
8. Krylon Orange Glow enamel hobby paint to add small touches inspired by others here.
7. Personal License Plate with these five characters.....XG750.(Will post pic as soon as I get the plate in)

Things I still want to add to bike....
1. Slip on exhaust to replace stock. Can't decide between Bassani or Firebrand.
2. Change out horn.
3. Add center Kick stand.
4. Find softer hand grips to absorb the vibration so my wrist doesn't get numb.

The want list is subject to change as more items become available.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Obtuse, I'd like to see some photos if you get a chance. I want to see how the V&H intake and exhaust look with the buckshot heat shields. They are on my wish list. I am strongly considering the Firebrand slip-on as well.
Here's a photo of the new heat shields and V&H intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does the buckshot heat should offer any advantages, heat wise, from the stock ones? I have gotten minimally burned with the stock- I imagine the buck shot ones provide air circulation, hence cooling of the heat from the exhausts?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got them from my dealer here in Tampa, Florida. They had them in stock. I got them for looks, but I would think they let air flow better around the exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I pulled the trigger and order a FireBrand 4 inch Slip on Loose Cannon for my bike at cruiser customs. I hope to have the loose cannon by Saturday. Paid 249.95 with free shipping. One hundred dollars cheaper than the Bassani slip on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm working on making a custom straight pipe to go in place of my slip on. I have the Screaming eagle slip on but I want a louder roar:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
I went with the Bassani slip-on. I rode the bike into work today. Love the sound, nice and deep. I am pretty sure cars could hear me. I purchased it from Revzilla for $314.00 I had a $10.00 credit and free shipping. I think that was pretty good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts