HD Drag bar
HD LED Headlight
Mustang Seat

Here are pics before before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks sharp I like it the air intake and seat are awesome!
Like the stock suspension just wandering if the Legend Revo-A makes any difference? I thought the stock setup was rather nice.
Also the LED headlight how is it?
Good job its a sweet looking bike have fun and ride safe!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Good job. What I like about the upgrade is the fact that you have to look twice before the upgrade stands out. Now that you have upgraded both front and rear brake systems, is there a noticeable difference in braking?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks sharp I like it the air intake and seat are awesome!
Like the stock suspension just wandering if the Legend Revo-A makes any difference? I thought the stock setup was rather nice.
Also the LED headlight how is it?
Good job its a sweet looking bike have fun and ride safe!!
The Revo suspension is great. I adjusted it as recommended for maximum comfort and I'm sold on them. No more progressives for me. The Led does it's job. I don't know of if it's worth $350, or whatever it cost. I think I need to adjust it because it shines on the road a certain way that makes me feel like someone is on my ass. It trips me out at times.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good job. What I like about the upgrade is the fact that you have to look twice before the upgrade stands out. Now that you have upgraded both front and rear brake systems, is there a noticeable difference in braking?
I can feel a huge difference in the front. No more sponge. You have to be careful, squeeze too hard and you're locking her up. But you can definitely tell there is more stopping power. I'm still working on the rear, waiting for my new brake bleeder to arrive. I have been riding around with only the front brake. It as enough stopping power, where I don't mind riding without a rear brake. If that's helps.

·
Registered
574 Posts
News of the improvement is good news. The standard 2015 Street uses a 2-piston caliper while the new Brembo units are 4-piston calipers pushing onto larger diameter rotors. For me personally the front brake upgrade would be my next logical step after replacing the standard Street mirrors. Again personally I am satisfied with the current rear brake setup and the cost involved in upgrading the rear does not justify the expense.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
News of the improvement is good news. The standard 2015 Street uses a 2-piston caliper while the new Brembo units are 4-piston calipers pushing onto larger diameter rotors. For me personally the front brake upgrade would be my next logical step after replacing the standard Street mirrors. Again personally I am satisfied with the current rear brake setup and the cost involved in upgrading the rear does not justify the expense.
I totally agree. First, the front caliper needs to be replace. If i did not have the extra cash I wouldn't have purchase the rear. There is nothing wrong with it. It was more a symmetrical thing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finished installing my 9inch mini apes. I think it came out good. I'm going to remove one of the mirrors and invert the other one. All the cables reach. I had to re-route most of cables though and had to take apart the starter and kill switches to re-route from the triple tree.

Attachments

Reactions: Solo750owner

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drag Bar?

All the mods I have installed on my 2015 XG750:
V&H Fuel Pack 3
SE Slip-ons (with Super Trapp Cone)
SE Air Cleaner
Legend Revo-A Suspension
Brembo Front and Rear calipers
Free Spirit Forward Controls
HD Drag bar
HD LED Headlight
Mustang Seat

Hey, did you had to change the cables to put the drag bar? Thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All the mods I have installed on my 2015 XG750:
V&H Fuel Pack 3
SE Slip-ons (with Super Trapp Cone)
SE Air Cleaner
Legend Revo-A Suspension
Brembo Front and Rear calipers
Free Spirit Forward Controls
HD Drag bar
HD LED Headlight
Mustang Seat

Hey, did you had to change the cables to put the drag bar? Thank you
No, but I had too remove the front fairing to adjust and remove cable clamps. Besides that it was not too difficult. I didn't like the drags because the reach was too far, but I do have forward controls which put me a strange position. I'm 6' too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Was the super trap cone part of the baffle or was it installed where the exhaust mounts to the heads ?
It's a separate piece. I ordered it thru JP cycles. I installed the cone over the pressure plates.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
preform better? im looking at the air cleaner.
I notice a difference after installing the air cleaner, but I also installed the SE pipes and FP3 at the same time. If you do all three she'll pull a little harder.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Reactions: CorkyF and Propnut

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
$1,000 for Forward Controls! Ain't gonna happen! OVER 10% of the price of the bike, just to move the controls forward! Should of bought a different bike. The mid controls are all part of the riding position of the Street.
Lots of HD's come with mids, Sporty's and Dyna's. However, there is a market for those bikes. There is not a market for Street, so this is why company's inflate the price. I can say, the that parts a great quality better then anything I have seen from JPcycles and other large web motorcycle companies. The riding position is 100 times more comfortable with the right suspense which I shelled out another $1000 for. I'm all about comfort.

I bought the bike because I wanted a small Liquid cooled HD.Where I live its bumper to bumper traffic everywhere you go, so I only ride on the white line. Plus, the island is only 70 miles long and 10 miles wide. A 110 inch bagger might be able to take me on a strait away but its a different story when they hit traffic.

Reactions: BodybagJonny
1 - 20 of 34 Posts