Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Took my Street out another long ride. As I am only able to on weekends. Now I have 924 Miles. In 2 months and 3 days. And am considering having the dealer do the 1st service. Minus the Oil and Filter. I would like them to look at the Vibration at 60+. So bad the Speedo shakes on the highway.

·
Registered
766 Posts
with the sudden issue you had with the clutch, and the vibration, I would ask them to check the clutch also.

it may be possible that some clutch springs broke. if so there may be bits in the oil when drained....just MO. and that could also cause vibrations.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I'll take it over and have them check the Vibration first. I think they told me its $300 for the 1st service.

·
Registered
766 Posts
wow $300 is a lot less than what our stealer wanted to do mine.
they charge over twice that...no matter if it's a huge bagger or a lil street......I don't think that's fair...but they wont change the prices :(

so, I changed my own oil with amsoil, bike does seems a bit quiter and shifts smoother IMO.

I am always looking over my bikes from top to bottom, front to back, even inside if need be.

all the other adjustment stuff I can do myself as need be, shoot I can even adjust the valves later, I've done it on other bikes I've had.

I still want to get a shop manual for this bike, like I have always done for all my other bikes down through the years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts