Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
909 Posts
I've been eyeing the Progressive Suspension shocks. They aren't horrendously overpriced, but aren't cheap. I don't know what is available on your side of the pond.

• Helpful
Reactions: Bott

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any recommendations for upgrade to the rear shocks without super high end price tag please?
400mm 15.75" rear shocks: Search Result | eBay
Just bought this, and a sissy bar so my wife becomes more comfortable riding, i also installed already a lowered and angled steering bar, for a sportier fwd lean, the result so far is superb cornering, don't feel about to get whip dragged and loose rear traction, the G's at center of gravity are better thanks to being able to more easily shift my weight FWD, thanks to lowering the triple tree .5 inches into the front suspension, I'll update when the 15.75 inch shocks arrive, i'm considering wider diameter tire in back and front, been doing some calculations about the factory :tire rating VS [email protected] speed, to figure out curve speed capabilities, its not a YAMAHA R1 by any stretch tho, interested in moving the control pegs BACK closer to the rear swing arm, maybe able to get better cornering and not bottom out scraping the fricking pegs anymore, its a street bike, why all obsessing to turn it into a chopper?

·
Registered
6 Posts
400mm 15.75" rear shocks: Search Result | eBay
Just bought this, and a sissy bar so my wife becomes more comfortable riding, i also installed already a lowered and angled steering bar, for a sportier fwd lean, the result so far is superb cornering, don't feel about to get whip dragged and loose rear traction, the G's at center of gravity are better thanks to being able to more easily shift my weight FWD, thanks to lowering the triple tree .5 inches into the front suspension, I'll update when the 15.75 inch shocks arrive, i'm considering wider diameter tire in back and front, been doing some calculations about the factory :tire rating VS [email protected] speed, to figure out curve speed capabilities, its not a YAMAHA R1 by any stretch tho, interested in moving the control pegs BACK closer to the rear swing arm, maybe able to get better cornering and not bottom out scraping the fricking pegs anymore, its a street bike, why all obsessing to turn it into a chopper?
well, results are in, those rear shocks i bought lifting the rear to 15 inches work like a dream! bolted right the **** on without complaint... had to loosen and skip the rear axle a few equal meassured turns towards AFT!, because the belt got lose!, but **** can that thing corner now, i was also right bout the weight shifting FWD by a few degrees evened out the gravitational forces through both front and back! it rides like my GSXR 750 used to, not as fast tho, the seating possition is alot like my buddy's KATANA tho, i really like it tho! im considering a smaller rear sprocket and shorter belt to increase the top speed, its already got the torque! soon she will be able to show those JAP BIKE riders not to under estimate american bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts