Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New 750 owner.
My opinion on the bike, love the style. Specially denim black, but man I'm always cleaning it. Don't care for long rides on the seat though, rough on the back. I've had same issues as some here with 1-2nd gear going into neutral. Should be a recall but won't happen till theres a lawsuit. I've found a soft upshift works most of the time. Nothing like my crotch rockets were it didnt matter. Other than that the bike is great. And sounds even better with aftermarket muffler. My two cents

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, I've only done 150km on mine - shift issue experienced first ride - 4th-5th can be a pain too - it certainly likes and angry approach to shifting. Have also been suggested to change the shifter for a more solid one.....

Good luck with yours , I just love mine

Ray

·
Registered
766 Posts
welcome

i'm thinking about switching to full synthetic oil at my 1000 mile oil change. on previous bikes it seemed to help shifting to be noticeably smoother.

two things I would recommend.

1) get long stem mirrors to see behind you, the stock short stem mirrors do not allow ya to see whats behind you unless you move over.

2) don't run the fuel too low otherwise you may experience the lag and leap problem. I refuel between 80-100 miles. if the fuel is low, even though the fuel light hasn't come on, when taking off or going up an incline, the engine will suddenly stall then lunge. this will surprise ya the first time it happens. just FYI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts