Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys ,
I just had my '15 Street 750 delivered yesterday !! I'm trying to get it ready to ride ie: install the temporary plates, read the owners manual, sit on it and located all the controls, etc.

One question: Is there anywhere that a person can store the registration and insurance papers that you need to carry ??

On previous bikes , I've always found a little nook or cranny that I could cram this stuff into that was fairly protected but still easily retrievable.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks mike:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
@Mike,

That's a good question. I just gave up and stuffed those documents in my wallet. Here in Colorado they just amount to a couple of small pieces of paper.

WELCOME AND ENJOY THE RIDE!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply ! Just got back from a 50 mile "ride around". The bike is very nice. I'm going to like it a lot. Need to get different mirrors, though. ( I'm not very big , but even I couldn't use those mirrors).

·
Registered
766 Posts
remove your seat and the right side cover, under the seat's front and at the back and below the gas tank you will see an open tube under there where you can put your papers in a zip lock bag and store it unseen.....I put a small tool kit in the tube on mine....just FYI :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for your reply ! Just got back from a 50 mile "ride around". The bike is very nice. I'm going to like it a lot. Need to get different mirrors, though. ( I'm not very big , but even I couldn't use those mirrors).

same here, I bought the HD black mirror extenders for my stock mirrors, now I can see behind me just fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rock, Thanks for the info.

I just started looking at Harley long stem mirrors and the threaded end doesn't look like it would fit on my bike. Different design.

I think I'll look at the extenders. Mike

PS: I like the idea of a tool kit !

·
Registered
367 Posts
You really don't need to remove the seat to get access to the tube in question, just the side cover. Should you prefer to remove the seat though, I suggest replacing the phillips head screw with a thumb screw so you can remove it without issue.

·
Registered
766 Posts
You really don't need to remove the seat to get access to the tube in question, just the side cover. Should you prefer to remove the seat though, I suggest replacing the phillips head screw with a thumb screw so you can remove it without issue.

if what you put in there is small, then I suppose you could get it in there without taking the seat off, but the tool kit I put in there I needed that extra bit of room I got by taking the seat off.

changing the seat screw with one that can be removed by hand does the trick for me. it wasn't HD's $20 screw, this one I got from the local hardware store for a couple bucks.

I also use a tank bag to carry a lot of small essentials too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi guys ,
I just had my '15 Street 750 delivered yesterday !! I'm trying to get it ready to ride ie: install the temporary plates, read the owners manual, sit on it and located all the controls, etc.

One question: Is there anywhere that a person can store the registration and insurance papers that you need to carry ??

On previous bikes , I've always found a little nook or cranny that I could cram this stuff into that was fairly protected but still easily retrievable.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks mike:)
I purchased a small zippered pouch that is the size of a stack of credit cards. I removed the right side plastic cover. Tooks some heavy duty velcro and stuck the pouch to the cover on the inside. Works well, no tools needed to get at it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I purchased a small zippered pouch that is the size of a stack of credit cards. I removed the right side plastic cover. Tooks some heavy duty velcro and stuck the pouch to the cover on the inside. Works well, no tools needed to get at it.

for important papers that is easy to get to quickly, this is a great idea!
thanks !

I'm also thinking about wiring a push button into my gate opener remote and installing that fob with Velcro in a side cover. did this on my other bike and it works great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I pretty much did just what you described ( only I used double stick tape). Looks like it should work well. Thanks ! mike:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Awesome idea.....

·
Registered
766 Posts
for important papers that is easy to get to quickly, this is a great idea!
thanks !

I'm also thinking about wiring a push button into my gate opener remote and installing that fob with Velcro in a side cover. did this on my other bike and it works great!

I got the gate opener remote wired, mounted and working in my right side cover. now when coming down our street I just press the interrupter button and the gate is open by the time I turn into the driveway. I like the convenience of not having to fumble with the remote while driving. :)

i'll post a pic later on today.

·
Registered
766 Posts
yes it will, I had the garage door remote mounted on my ST.
same type of remote as my gate opener on this bike.

just open up the remote and soldier 2 wires on the terminals of the push button switch, then attach them to either a push button switch or an interrupter switch mounted in the side cover ;).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts