Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With your Street not turning on? First ride since I took it in for the fuel pump recall or whatever it was and it was giving me issues turning on. I just tried taking it out for the second time since and it wouldn't turn on at all. It was cranking over but wouldn't make it. Anyone else having issues or is it just something unrelated? Sorry if this in the wrong spot. First post.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is the engine kill switch on just above the starter switch if it is I know it will try to start but wont.
Any other bike wont even try and start with that switch on.

·
Registered
504 Posts
He says its turning over, so its not the kill switch.

BTW, welcome to the forum, from SW Ontario, Canada. Take the time to introduce yourself in the new members thread

·
Registered
41 Posts
He says its turning over, so its not the kill switch.

BTW, welcome to the forum, from SW Ontario, Canada. Take the time to introduce yourself in the new members thread
Actually yes it will try to turn over with the kill switch activated...I know from the embarrassing experience of having to call the dealership on my second time out with the bike...I bumped the switch getting off and when I went to leave the bike would turn over but wouldn't start. The kill switch on the Street just disables the fuel pump.

·
Registered
187 Posts
happens to me a few times. engine cranks, seems to start but just stalls out. i remedy it by shutting off the bike and leaning it left/right several times then retrying to start it. i presume the fuel here in Philippines clogs up easily if the bike sits still for a few days (same thing often happens to my Honda Wave)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts