Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
These brakes are kinda crappy on the 2015's IMHO.

Definitely not as solid as other bikes! Very spongy and soft.

Should be a recall or NTSB safety issue, as HD as acknowledged it with better brakes on the 2016's

Reactions: Rock270

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did it help? Here in the states they fixed the brakes for the 2016 model year.

I did hold off till now to consider buying a gx750, because of that very issue.

·
Banned
84 Posts
It seems that the people complaining about the breaks are all foreigners.

Stop complaining, this America, this a Harley Davidson, and if you can't handle the best, then go ride a crappy little metric bike and leave the Harley's for Americans.

·
Banned
84 Posts
I'd be willing to wager that these whiners would never get a "Bar and Sheild" tattoo.

They don't know if these whinning idiots even know the meaning of "Brotherhood".

·
Registered
231 Posts
It seems that the people complaining about the breaks are all foreigners.

Stop complaining, this America, this a Harley Davidson, and if you can't handle the best, then go ride a crappy little metric bike and leave the Harley's for Americans.
I'd be willing to wager that these whiners would never get a "Bar and Sheild" tattoo.

They don't know if these whinning idiots even know the meaning of "Brotherhood".
Discrimination much? Wow.... That kind of talk is unAmerican if you ask me...

They are right to complain, the brakes even on the 2016s are junk, I can attest to that myself, as well as many others here on the forums... I have since then upgraded and never looked back... Stop complaining? When its wrong? This IS America I think you meant, and Harley is the one that outsourced to the UK, China, and India as a matter of fact, so you go complain to Harley why they are allowing such lowly people to own and ride "our" American motorcycles...

I'd never get a bar and shield tattoo myself either, so what's the point? Whining idiots? You are the one whining man, not anyone else here but you...

You are the one that doesn't know what camaraderie is, nor a brotherhood... Semper Fidelis...

Reactions: steelrain

·
Registered
231 Posts
Leo, it's brakes not "breaks", and crescent not "cresent"

Spell much?

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discrimination much? Wow.... That kind of talk is unAmerican if you ask me...

They are right to complain, the brakes even on the 2016s are junk, I can attest to that myself, as well as many others here on the forums... I have since then upgraded and never looked back... Stop complaining? When its wrong? This IS America I think you meant, and Harley is the one that outsourced to the UK, China, and India as a matter of fact, so you go complain to Harley why they are allowing such lowly people to own and ride "our" American motorcycles...

I'd never get a bar and shield tattoo myself either, so what's the point? Whining idiots? You are the one whining man, not anyone else here but you...

You are the one that doesn't know what camaraderie is, nor a brotherhood... Semper Fidelis...
Whinning,....You guys are whinning about the brakes.
I think my 750 Street stops just fine.

Brotherhood means a common or found kinship with others. If you whine about what you feel is a short comming of your machine, then just modify it to your liking. And not complaining to everyone that their bikes have short commings and need to be modified as your bike.

The "Bar & Shield" tatoos are for those that feel pride and a "kinship" with others. That kinship is what brotherhood is all about.

However you are free to interpret Brotherhood in your own terms.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Whinning,....You guys are whinning about the brakes.
I think my 750 Street stops just fine.

Brotherhood means a common or found kinship with others. If you whine about what you feel is a short comming of your machine, then just modify it to your liking. And not complaining to everyone that their bikes have short commings and need to be modified as your bike.

The "Bar & Shield" tatoos are for those that feel pride and a "kinship" with others. That kinship is what brotherhood is all about.

However you are free to interpret Brotherhood in your own terms.
I have already modified to my liking, but that's a fact the brakes were lack luster and **** from the factory, we all can agree... And you are the one that is fine with it, while 99 others say differently...

Nice of you to Google the first definition you saw in the dictionary... I know all about brotherhood too well, I lived it, and I still do, you obviously don't.... You are just poorly trying to fit in with a stereotype that doesn't exist anymore... I read all your other bashing hateful garbage posts... Especially the thread you started about wanting to fit in and drinking like a fish while riding... Illegal much?

I don't want a bar and shield tattoo cause I don't want one, plain and simple... Freedom much? Dude, you need to GTFO here with all this wanna be craziness you are trying to spread.... Go troll somewhere else with that...

·
Banned
84 Posts
I have already modified to my liking, but that's a fact the brakes were lack luster and **** from the factory, we all can agree... And you are the one that is fine with it, while 99 others say differently...

Nice of you to Google the first definition you saw in the dictionary... I know all about brotherhood too well, I lived it, and I still do, you obviously don't.... You are just poorly trying to fit in with a stereotype that doesn't exist anymore... I read all your other bashing hateful garbage posts... Especially the thread you started about wanting to fit in and drinking like a fish while riding... Illegal much?

I don't want a bar and shield tattoo cause I don't want one, plain and simple... Freedom much? Dude, you need to GTFO here with all this wanna be craziness you are trying to spread.... Go troll somewhere else with that...
You are free to modify your bike as you want, but motorcycle manufacturers are required to meet stringent safety standards.
Did you follow "bed in" procedures for your brake pads? If you "glaze" the pads and/or rotor the breaks will be substandard.

You obvious don't read well,......I stated that I cannot drink alcohol.
Others (and you as well) might drink, but my question was about if alcohol truely enhances the riding experience.
Maybe you need alcohol to enhance your forum reading/posting experience.

I don't care to have a war of words with you, as I believe that you are a "Know it All" type. That you want all people to follow your lead. Sorry, but that is not for me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You are free to modify your bike as you want, but motorcycle manufacturers are required to meet stringent safety standards.
Did you follow "bed in" procedures for your brake pads? If you "glaze" the pads and/or rotor the breaks will be substandard.

You obvious don't read well,......I stated that I cannot drink alcohol.
Others (and you as well) might drink, but my question was about if alcohol truely enhances the riding experience.
Maybe you need alcohol to enhance your forum reading/posting experience.

I don't care to have a war of words with you, as I believe that you are a "Know it All" type. That you want all people to follow your lead. Sorry, but that is not for me.
And DOT and NHTSA can only make a "standard" for what manufacturers must follow, like the EPA and everyone did for OBD 2 in 1996+ year cars...

Dude, why are you Googling your answers? Bed in procedures are not as stringent as the pads are "sintered" from the factory.... Not like in a car or truck where set in procedures have to be followed stringently... and it's BRAKES not breaks as you keep saying...

I think we all read well, you are a **** trying to fit in with a stereotypical group of Harley riders that isn't here anymore... Definitely don't need alcohol as I have a personality thank you very much... People need alcohol to be around you just to put up with you I suppose...

Definitely not a know it all, just seasoned and experienced, especially being mechanically/electronically inclined... I try to help everyone I can, when they need it...

This quote is specifically for you Leo... And I hope to God your name doesn't imply "Law Enforcement Officer", cause if you are well, sad to say, America's boys in blue doesn't touch the USMC or any branch for that matter... The police academy was a joke compared to bootcamp...

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”

― Ronald Reagan

·
Registered
16 Posts
How did you fix your brakes?

Im interested to know what have you done to your brakes? I'd love to fix the rear brake lever so thats its much firmer and has about 80% less travel. The front seems to work if you grab at it hard enough, but but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Has anyone tried the 4 caliper front piston mod that another member seems to have been involved with?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im interested to know what have you done to your brakes? I'd love to fix the rear brake lever so thats its much firmer and has about 80% less travel. The front seems to work if you grab at it hard enough, but but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Has anyone tried the 4 caliper front piston mod that another member seems to have been involved with?
Nick at Off One customs made the brackets and Adam at ASC coatings, both members on here, made the kit and powdercoated to my liking... 100% couldn't ask for better brakes as Harley failed miserably, twice, maybe with the 17s and ABS could help, but not 100%...

Give me a second and let me link the thread ASC started here... He sells them on eBay as well...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I looked at the petition. Full of Typo's, Miss-spelling. How do we know this isn't "Phishing"? Everyday my cell phone is getting calls. From strange numbers. Once Googled, Turn out to be "Scammers" or "Telemarketers"

·
Registered
6 Posts
I looked at the petition. Full of Typo's, Miss-spelling. How do we know this isn't "Phishing"? Everyday my cell phone is getting calls. From strange numbers. Once Googled, Turn out to be "Scammers" or "Telemarketers"
Tucsonmax1 , the petition is genuine.
The guy who started is from Delhi and friends have told me that he's plastered it all over his car, had some peaceful protests outside HD offices in delhi etc.

As regards the spelling etc , while it could be better , a lot of these guys dont speak English as their first Language , its probably a second or third language for them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts