Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I note the Harley web site, All new 2020 models released. Interestingly, it only shows the Street 500, no mention of 750’s either Street or the Street Rod. I am referring to Australia and it seems to me that these two bikes are dead and buried in this country. Search of various dealerships reveal new bikes are available for A$10.000 ride away which is A$3,000 under retail. If they are now discontinued, we can kiss any resale value goodby. I hope I am wrong but I does not look good to me, disappointing !

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yet to hear any news but in my country, they have changed new distributor 2018 and they are not selling any rod,500 or 750, meaning if one wants one, only one is a used one. I still service mine at the official dealer.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Street and the Street Rod still appear on the line up for 2020 in the Uk,

I know there have been a lot of sales of them but other than in the show room mine is the only one I have ever seen, and I do quite a lot of miles!

·
Registered
26 Posts
They're still in the 2020 lineup here in the U.S. too, though I have noticed that at my local dealer they don't have any in the showroom (new or otherwise) and just have various sportster models in the spot where the streets used to be. Hopefully they aren't phasing them out quite yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gidday from Oz, Botty says all appears OK in the UK as does Devangrey and Smitty in US and Wisconsin. Don't where know where wke002 resides but it seems the 500,750 and Rod have disappeared there. I get the feeling in Australia they are having a fire sale of existing bikes, I could understand them reducing the model to the 500 as a come on to new riders, perhaps that's the plan.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just checked and in South Africa both the Street 750 and Street Rod 750 are in the 2020 lineup here. As before since the introduction of the Street series, there is no Street 500 here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My US shop told me Harley is discontinuing the Street 500, but will keep manufacturing and selling the 750.

If that is true for other countries, I don’t know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the final ones are the 2020 and that's about it. makes my Street Rod rare.
i talked to H-D dealership here in CT yesterday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody for your replies and information re ongoing, or not, sales of the Street series. Different countries seems to continue to sell selected Street variants. In Oz, looks like the 750 range is finished keeping only the 500 to entice new riders to the Harley stable. I don’t think the disappearance of the 750 will worry me, I will enjoy my Street Rod and the bike is good enough to hold a reasonable resale value. Happy riding fellers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The saga of the Australian Street Rod XG750A has been determined...... my dealer is only advertising the 500 for 2020 lineup. They have one 2019 new bike in stock for $8995 ride away and a demo for $6,750. I have never seen another Street Rod in the past year so I am looking to move away from the brand after 12,500k but the best trade in I can get is $4700, not good. I might just bite the bullet, suck it up and move on. I think the bike had potential but obviously those who make decisions decided the entry 500 will be the bike promoted. ��

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gidday to all on the forum who have read my limited posts and to those who have responded. After my 12 month 12000k dalliance with the Street Rod I have decided to move on, back to the world of Japanese machines. I have taken this route for a couple of reasons, firstly I still struggle with the ride position, pegs too high and rear brake location not being where I am happy and secondly, the model is apparently doomed here in Oz. I will trade the bike losing heaps, such is life, there is no market for it here. Thank you for your support, information sharing and on line camaraderie, I wish you all well and happy riding on whatever bike you choose.
Mr Moderator, please remove me from your list, thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts