Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as we all know HD has those hideous saddlebags for the street, well me thinking I am smarter than the average bear thought Ibcould beat HD at their own game.

The saddlebags with all the hardware is $359,00. So I go to the website and read the installation kit .pdf and come to the conclusion that the support bar and the hardware can bee ordered separate so I print this off and head to Hd, I tell the guy not interested in that hideous set of bags, just want to order the hardware, I have parts numbers the works, he entered everything in the system and told me the total...I looked at him like he had two heads

$381

ARE YOU %}{]}%>>~# serious, then he looks at me and said, you be better off just buying the bags and tosing them,

I had to leave before I forgot that I was a biker lady,

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
So as we all know HD has those hideous saddlebags for the street, well me thinking I am smarter than the average bear thought Ibcould beat HD at their own game.

The saddlebags with all the hardware is $359,00. So I go to the website and read the installation kit .pdf and come to the conclusion that the support bar and the hardware can bee ordered separate so I print this off and head to Hd, I tell the guy not interested in that hideous set of bags, just want to order the hardware, I have parts numbers the works, he entered everything in the system and told me the total...I looked at him like he had two heads

$381

ARE YOU %}{]}%>>~# serious, then he looks at me and said, you be better off just buying the bags and tosing them,

Email me a copy of the PDF. The most important hardware are the guards that keep the saddlebags from rubbing against the tire and wheel. I have a pair of unused guards that I purchased for my Sportster so let me check out if they can be adapted for use on the Street H-D. Give me a couple of days to find them and check it out. If I can get them to work you can have them cheap.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Email me a copy of the PDF. The most important hardware are the guards that keep the saddlebags from rubbing against the tire and wheel. I have a pair of unused guards that I purchased for my Sportster so let me check out if they can be adapted for use on the Street H-D. Give me a couple of days to find them and check it out. If I can get them to work you can have them cheap.
Ok and thank you

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The website will not let me save the PDFs file, only print, so I will scan the printed copy at work tomorrow and send to you

·
Registered
204 Posts

$381

Now you know why I went with the Viking Bags...:D Yes...Not an easy install, but at that price I'll take the time myself to do it right.:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now you know why I went with the Viking Bags...:D Yes...Not an easy install, but at that price I'll take the time myself to do it right.:D:D:D:D
I know exactly what you mean, not to mention they just down right ugly to boot. I found some that I like, just going to find a way to put them on my bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts