Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to head to aspen for Saturday night.

Interestingly enough I picked the same place I took the wife to on our third date when flew her with me from Boston to Aspen 28 years ago. Different name so I had no idea till we got to it. She thought I did it on purpose let's keep it that way.

Maroon bells

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Very nice country!!! I love riding the mountains whenever possible.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got up early and see the sunrise on maroon bells

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Got up early and see the sunrise on maroon bells
On my Dawson Creek BC run last week I was often riding by about 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning and the cool crisp morning air was very refreshing. The mountains generally blocked the sunrise but the riding was perfect. I love that slight chill of the morning air when riding in the mountians during the summer that is often surplanted by much hotter temperatures in the afternoon.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Such beautiful pictures here. Colorado is such a beautiful state. Reminds me of my home province of British Columbia with all those evergreen trees and mountains. Sounds like a wonderful trip for you and your wife.

Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice pics. I lived in Colorado for about a year when I was kid. As I recall, we lived about 7 miles down the road from Buena Vista toward Leadville, at an elevation of over 7K feet. Hwy 24 I believe? Very beautiful country. I spent a lot of time rockhounding and arrowhead collecting. Loved it out there.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pics. I lived in Colorado for about a year when I was kid. As I recall, we lived about 7 miles down the road from Buena Vista toward Leadville, at an elevation of over 7K feet. Hwy 24 I believe? Very beautiful country. I spent a lot of time rockhounding and arrowhead collecting. Loved it out there.

Hwy 24 is a great ride. We run 82 up out of Aspen then into the 24 makes a good run over independence pass and up into Leadville.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Would you ever go back, seems like the kind of place i could never leave permanently

·
Registered
261 Posts
Would you ever go back, seems like the kind of place i could never leave permanently
I would love to go back... to live. Perhaps I will someday. I currently live in the foothills of the Adirondack mountains... I lived in the Adirondacks for a few years... it was nice, but the Rockies are a whole different scene. Where we lived in Colorado, there were several area peaks in the 14k+ elevation range such as Mt Yale, Mt Harvard, and Mt Princeton. Somewhere I have pictures with the peaks sticking through the clouds. Some of the most awesome scenery I have ever laid eyes on.
Speaking of cool scenery, I recently went on a camping trip with my son's ball team, and we tubed down the Ausable Chasm. It was pretty neat except for the anal contact with a big rock in some rapids.:eek: Seeing the Chasm from the river with my son was priceless.:D FYI, I am not the "tube through the rapids" type of guy... the things we do for our young'uns.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts