Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on long rides my ass gets numb ,is there a better seat or a pad anybody knows about
also my leg rubs in air filter housing ,if you move it your foot hits exhaust ,is there a pad for the exhaust

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tuffside sells some custom seats as well as recovering kits for the stock seats. Those provide some extra padding and some styling options.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got the saddlemen two up, it's been great. I've put in 400+ mile rides with that seat. I will say however that I did swap the mounting bracket with one that I made as it sat a little funny at first. I'd get it again though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went with the Harley Tallboy seat and I love it. It gives me a much better riding position so my knees are no longer higher than the tank. The stock seat would have me in pain after about 30 minutes whereas I can go for an hour or more on the Tallboy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also bought the Saddlemen two up seat. What a difference. Just like the previous poster said, I removed the bracket that came with the new seat, and modified the stock bracket so the seat sits a little more like it should.

As for the foot on the exhaust I had to add a little 4-5” carbon fiber heat shield where my heel rests. I learned after melting a heel on a pair of dress shoes while riding to work. Stopped at a light and couldn’t figure out why I smelled smoke, OH YEAH, my heel is smoking and dripping melted rubber onto the exhaust. AWESOME.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My first ride of about 2miles had my ass till knee cramp during test ride. I got some cushion padded when riding now, soon to get one of the local to custom made one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts