Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

·
Administrator
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there,

As stated above " Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised;"

If you have a simple password for your Facebook login I would encourage you to change it to a more secure password. Try changing it to at least 10 characters that include a lower and upper case, number and a special character.

Thank you so much :)

~ Glenda

·
Registered
6 Posts
I received the message and could sign in with the new tentative password. However I cannot find how to change the password. Coud you give me an instruction?

·
Administrator
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Korokai,

I have sent you a password reminder to your email associated with your account, once logged in please change you password to a more complex one that contains 10 characters to include a number, special character and a upper and lower case.

Thank you so much,

~ Glenda

·
Registered
2 Posts
For some reason, I never received an email from here to update my password,
Sent in many requests for lost password and didn't get a response for over a week. I finally had to log on here with a new member account just to send you this request. I am a Senior Member here for 4 years. You know me as Solo750owner with my license plate XG750 as my avatar. The last post I made here was about my shifter linkage breaking from a bad weld. Just wondering what it will take for me to get back on here as Solo750owner again?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Now that Google has their fingers in the sight . Expect a lot of changes that all go to googles advantage. You will comply with google or else. Now that they are the masters your email in now their property.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts