Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Even with a thumb, it is a Micky Mouse switch. A solid design to improve the feel combined with a timer would make a huge improvement. As a percentage of the overall bike cost - negligible.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree. I would really like a self cancelling turn signal. This can be dangerous if you forget to turn it off or just miss hit it. (I have done both.)

·
Registered
367 Posts
They make universal kits. If you really want them they can be had for less than $100.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have added a beeper to both my scooters however now that I always were ear plugs I can't hear them and with a loud pipe you would not hear them.

I will look at some of the universal self cancelling signals this winter for next years riding.

mgg

·
Registered
766 Posts
I went on ahead and ordered two 90 db buzzer/beepers.

I don't wear ear plugs and my muffler isn't that loud so I'm pretty sure the way I drive that I will be able to hear them most of the time.

i'll report back when I get them in and installed to update this post.:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Should work fine if you don't wear ear plugs. Before I started wearing ear plugs mine worked fine.

mgg

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been researching the universal self cancelling turn signals. Does anyone have any experience with them.

So far I have found the following: Not sure which of them will work best. Has anyone tried any of these?

Signal Dynamics
Badlands
Auto Turn which looks just like Badlands but is a different color and cost more.
Wire Plus (Most expensive)

mgg

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm curious to whether the switches off of a Harley model that does have self canceling turn signals, could be taken apart and installed inside our switch housing, if that would work.

currently I don't have a clue.

I've taken apart electronics and done repairs many times over the years so projects like this wouldn't be that difficult to do if these other switches would fit and would actually work on these bikes.

but I will see what I can find out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks Rock270;

I just saw this on Ebay and wonder if it would work. I am going to stop at my local HD dealer today to see if they have any options.

New Harley Davidson Self Cancelling Turn Signal Kit | eBay

Talked to the HD dealer at noon. They said they do not know of any aftermarket universal signal that works with the Street 750 but would not be surprised if Harley offered one in the near future as he thought they were standard on all their other bikes.
mgg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like most of these turn signal cancelers where for pre 90's bikes. I'm not sure they would work on the newer bikes with their integrated electronics. Does any one have a wiring diagram?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts