Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Older x harley rider thinking get back into riding again. I like the street 500 as thats whats coming to australia only in january. Look s like we dont get the 750. I am only about 65 kgs. Coming up to 70 yrs age. In the days back in the 1960s i had a wla. And a aeromachi 600 single. Love to ride. Cheers lindsay.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Getting back into riding sounds like a good plan. Are you retired? Nothing like a good hobby to keep you busy, especially since this one will let you travel around on some road trips. What made you stop riding in the first place?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Have you ever considered the fact that if we deplict the earth going clockwise around the sun then the South Pole is the top of the planet, "South is Up" and all of our maps are upside down.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Have you ever considered the fact that if we deplict the earth going clockwise around the sun then the South Pole is the top of the planet, "South is Up" and all of our maps are upside down.
That's heresy!

Funny thing to post up though. I do think about how in space there is no up or down. It's all based on the ground and earth and gravity. Without those things up and down don't make much sense.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
That's heresy!

Funny thing to post up though. I do think about how in space there is no up or down. It's all based on the ground and earth and gravity. Without those things up and down don't make much sense.

McArthur's Universal Corrective Map

This map was created by Stuart McArthur of Melbourne, Australia. He drew his first South-Up map when he was 12 years old (1970). His geography teacher told him to re-do his assignment with the "correct" way up if he wanted to pass. Three years later he was an exchange student in Japan. He was taunted by his exchange student-friends from the USA for coming from "the bottom of the world." It was then, at age 15, he resolved to one day publish a map with Australia at the top. Six years later, while at Melbourne University, he produced the world's first "modern" south up map and launched it on Australia day in 1979. It has sold over 350,000 copies to date.

Mcarthur's Universal Corrective World Map: Stuart McArthur: Amazon.com: Books

Reactions: AYEDEE

·
Registered
244 Posts
McArthur's Universal Corrective Map

This map was created by Stuart McArthur of Melbourne, Australia. He drew his first South-Up map when he was 12 years old (1970). His geography teacher told him to re-do his assignment with the "correct" way up if he wanted to pass. Three years later he was an exchange student in Japan. He was taunted by his exchange student-friends from the USA for coming from "the bottom of the world." It was then, at age 15, he resolved to one day publish a map with Australia at the top. Six years later, while at Melbourne University, he produced the world's first "modern" south up map and launched it on Australia day in 1979. It has sold over 350,000 copies to date.

Mcarthur's Universal Corrective World Map: Stuart McArthur: Amazon.com: Books
I believe that people in Australia really like to claim that map as the real one too.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I believe that people in Australia really like to claim that map as the real one too.

The next time we have a geomagnetic reversal the South Pole will literally become the North Pole on every magnetic compass currently in existance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for the welcome ãƒâ€m in brisbane.yes well i gave up riding cz of my jobs just driving trucks. And backpacking around asia. But am settled down kinda. Well not really. Got the travel bug again. Hey i just got married in january to a lovely babe. So i got a good 2 up ride he he.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Older x harley rider thinking get back into riding again. I like the street 500 as thats whats coming to australia only in january. Look s like we dont get the 750. I am only about 65 kgs. Coming up to 70 yrs age. In the days back in the 1960s i had a wla. And a aeromachi 600 single. Love to ride. Cheers lindsay.
Way to go Lindsay! I really like your spirit. I am sure you are an inspiration to the younger generation. However, cannot resist saying it, "ride safe"!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
wow, 70, that's amazing. I know people who are 50 that you can't come close to imagining being on a motorcycle!

... and I know a few rare souls that are in their 80's and ride almost daily. At 65 I certainly have no plans of not riding. Even if I become to old to physically ride a regular motorcycle I'll buy a trike. I'm never planning on giving up "getting my **** in the breeze" until I'm dead or blind.

BTW Have I ever mentioned that my partner and I have looked into converting the Street 500/750 into a trike? Now that would be fun to do but our plate is sort of full right now with five different configurations of Street 500/750's already planned to build.

Reactions: AYEDEE
1 - 14 of 14 Posts