Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This dweeb needs his daily dose of fantasy. He calls the XG bikes, bad and nobody liked them. On the other end of the stick, he says HD doesn't have an entry level bike(s). If they did add one, this guy would probably hate it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
909 Posts
You got that right! The same guys that take shots at our bikes used to deride Sportsters until the Streets came along. Now they wax lyrically about the Sportster's passing. Harley Bro's (@Lesblank excluded) just don't seem to comprehend why H-D would be so rude as to make any product not tailored specifically to them. That culture has really put me off on making my next bike an H-D big twin.

• Helpful
Reactions: Guaire and Lesblank

·
Registered
691 Posts
Here is my 2c worth. Eight years back I was looking for a bike that I could sit on and was able to comfortably touch the ground. At the time my Kawasaki KLE500 had me reaching on tip toe or looking for a curb at the lights. I had on occasion popped into a H-D dealer as I was looking about for a replacement that would be my 11th bike. Never saw anything that really caught my fancy in the mainly Japanese makes I was looking at. Then I saw the Street 750 in the H-D window as I rode past. It just looked different, and was a "small" looking bike, so I went for a test ride. Once around the block and I was sold! Although it was H-D according to the tank badge, it was so far from the mould that I signed on the dotted line.

Over the time I have enjoyed the Street, I have learned to live with the bad brakes. But, on the other hand it has been the low torque that I have really enjoyed. The original dyno test I had seen, showed a flat topping once revs hit 4,000 and I now owned a town bike, that I could pop across to the local shop, or take on the highway and enjoy the breeze. In my youth I enjoyed the red line sector on my previous bikes, but as you get older the scenery takes on a different perspective.

So far over the years all I have replaced has been a battery, a mission in itself. Tyres will be the next expense and, in this country, only available from a H-D dealership, due to the crazy size. Will I swop this Street for something else, bike number twelve? Well after almost 50 years of marriage, that look I got from wifey, makes me think it will not be a good idea.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Bandera, Texas
632 Posts
The Street 500 and 750 fit a known market. Not sure if HD didn't market correctly or what. If I was still in Houston commuting everyday, the 750 would definitely make my short list for another bike, it would replace my Vulcan 900 nicely. But until the Vulcan dies I'm sticking with it for economic reasons. For touring my Freewheeler is doing great. Guess I do own a miss match pair, but works for me.

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts