Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep got me a bad battery tender.....it's about two years old, i've been using it to charge my scooter, the one i have for the harley i got from my dealer is workin just fine ..somethin yall might wanna check with your multimeter ..its a deltran battery tender junior model : 021-0123, never been outside, been wet, or dropped, just sittin in the junk drawer till about a week ago. hooked it up and the red light just stays lit, no green. inline fuse reads continuous, volts are at about 4 ,even bypassed the alligator clips, same reading. i read on one of these forums lately about tenders not goin bad , but sure as $hit, i got one HA .... just somethin yall might wanna watch for

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
While you're checking with a DVOM, Check for AC on the Output leads. Had to get a Shelf Charger replaced once for that reason.

·
Super Moderator
355 Posts
I'll have to get my new battery tender checked out. I'd hate to think it was working for a month or two just to have a flat battery on the next warm day. Here in Iowa it was possible to be riding up through this last weekend, but winter has arrived and isn't leaving for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts