Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with these that could provide some input? Are they better than regular mirrors, or just different? How so?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually just installed a set on my bike yesterday. They make it much more effortless to see behind you. I enjoy them much more than I did the standard mirrors. I got mine from Amazon for about $12 shipped. They are relatively easy to install also. If you join the street 750/500 group on Facebook you'll see pictures of the parts that came in my kit and the help I received from another street owner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually just installed a set on my bike yesterday. They make it much more effortless to see behind you. I enjoy them much more than I did the standard mirrors. I got mine from Amazon for about $12 shipped. They are relatively easy to install also. If you join the street 750/500 group on Facebook you'll see pictures of the parts that came in my kit and the help I received from another street owner.
Here's the Facebook link.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/405338189674777?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity&actorid=1179093163

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey...i have seem some street 750 with tilted mirrors like Iron 883. Does any one knows DiY for the same.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, so that was you! I did see them and I'm glad they're working for you. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just picked up some bikemaster 7/8 archer oval bar end mirrors. Couldn't seem to get them installed for the life of me. Cut the end of the grip, got rid of the excess glue. Then proceeded to install and couldn't get the mirror to enter the bar end at all. Great looking mirror but not the best design for install. Anyone else been able to get a bikemaster mirror in the bar end? Currently back to stock mirrors with one cut open grip end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey brother..

Wondering how did you installed on your stock handle bars..
Can you please let me know what all mods required to fit in ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just picked up some bikemaster 7/8 archer oval bar end mirrors. Couldn't seem to get them installed for the life of me. Cut the end of the grip, got rid of the excess glue. Then proceeded to install and couldn't get the mirror to enter the bar end at all. Great looking mirror but not the best design for install. Anyone else been able to get a bikemaster mirror in the bar end? Currently back to stock mirrors with one cut open grip end.
I'm exactly the same situation; the $300 that HD charges for the bar end mirrors is crazy! I've bought 2 sets of 7/8" mirrors from Amazon and they both have the same problem that they don't fit in the750 handlebars, at least not in the throttle side (I haven't cut the clutch side yet).

Those who have been able to install bar end mirrors, how did you do it? Did you need a special adapter? The 7/8" mirrors definitely don't fit. Please help, thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had to drill a hole in a little further to move my throttle over so it didnt have the inch or 2 excess grip before the handle bar and i just finegled and sanded my mirror inserts until they fit. Im not sure where they were from my father bought them for another bike and gave them to me but its night and day difference between the two. Its probably the easiest solution to the mirror problem just takes a little doing to fit them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 2 sets of mirrors I bought came with similar adapters that didn't fit in the throttle side because there's a lip inside that prevents it from going all the way in. If those work for you can you please confirm? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts