Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone of y'all installed bassani slip on to your street or may be interested in getting one?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has anyone of y'all installed bassani slip on to your street or may be interested in getting one?
I have been looking at the Bassani and the Vance & Hines. I just want to do the slip on for now. Perhaps when or if I get a tax return changing out the air filter and having a Stage 1 done.

The V&H is not legal here in California. The Bassani is about $50.00 cheaper. I can't find any sound clips with the Bassani installed on a Street. The clips I have found are for V rods and Road Kings mostly. I figure the V rod may be a pretty good example.

I am now looking for the best price on the Bassani

·
Registered
170 Posts
Flamegirl, if you want to hear the SE, I'm a couple hours south of you. You're welcome to throw it on. I'm just using a gutted stock muffler.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ElTeeFauci, Thanks for the offer. I have not heard anything good about the SE exhaust. Most folks seem to think it is only marginally louder than the stock pipe. I want to be heard while I am commuting. I am really leaning towards the Bassani.

·
Registered
490 Posts
ElTeeFauci, Thanks for the offer. I have not heard anything good about the SE exhaust. Most folks seem to think it is only marginally louder than the stock pipe. I want to be heard while I am commuting. I am really leaning towards the Bassani.

At least you get to ride. I have been riding in a snow plow truck the last couple of days.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, I pulled the trigger and purchase the Bassani straight exhaust. I will make sure I get before and after sound clips.

Sorry Solo750owner. I have seen the weather on the news. I think this has been one of the mildest winters that I can remember here in NorCal.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It actually sounds awesome without the baffle plate on the end of it. I actually wrote the review on the HD website :)

Agree though, its pretty weak with the plates on the end of it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I pulled the trigger and purchase the Bassani straight exhaust. I will make sure I get before and after sound clips.

Sorry Solo750owner. I have seen the weather on the news. I think this has been one of the mildest winters that I can remember here in NorCal.
That would be great bud... I will be waiting for it.! Record the note with the best possible way..

·
Registered
44 Posts
It actually sounds awesome without the baffle plate on the end of it. I actually wrote the review on the HD website

Agree though, its pretty weak with the plates on the end of it.
Apart from the muffler sounding much more satisfying, have there been any noticeable changes in performance for better or for worse? Any noticeable change in average mpg? Do you have a high flow air intake and have you had a corresponding "download" aka reprogramming of the ECM? How many miles have you driven since you made the modification?

I ask because I have the SE nightstick and I am considering getting rid of the backplate myself....along with the ECM download from the dealership and a V&H's Air intake (so atleast the engine would for-the-most-part already to be set up for a further modification to overall airflow).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Flamegirl. I was contemplating between Firebrand and Bassani. Quite liked the Bassani and went ahead and ordered one from Revzilla. I now need to get it shipped to India from the local US address where it will arrive. Cheers for the youtube video link. Helped make up my mind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am not positive... I think the sound of the straight can and megaphone are just about the same. It is really a matter of tast what style you go with. The straight is 30.00-40.00 buck cheaper. I don't care for the megaphone shape for my pipes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I received and installed the Bassani Straight Slip-on muffler last night. I like the new sound. As promised here is a before and after on the sound.
http://youtu.be/jRs6Kc0PDAA
Good job on capturing the sound from the exhaust. My cell phone recording didn't do it much justice. I like the sound of the Bassani and the Firebrand Loose cannon. I decided on getting the Firebrand and give it a shot. Just waiting for my loose cannon to be delivered from cruisercustoms.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally got my Bassani installed on the bike. Quite like the sound and very happy with the choice made. Thanks all for your valuable feedback ��

1 - 20 of 21 Posts