Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Street 750 has over the last month shown signs of a the original battery not holding its charge resulting in almost not starting after a week or ten days of being in the garage due to lack of riding during COVID-19 antics. So I decided to replace the battery with a new one. One word of warning. If you do not get an OEM from your H-D shop, make sure that you EXACTLY match the specifications of the OEM battery when getting a replacement. It is a time consuming task that does result in a little sweat and a few harsh words. It took me 50min to remove the old battery, as there is not any room to spare when trying to get it past certain brackets and pipes that all seem to be in the way.

Putting the new battery in was for me a struggle, especially reconnecting the negative wire as this has to be done before you slide it in, as it cannot be done when the battery is in place. So if you have time on your hands it can be done, it just takes time as the battery fits like the proverbial glove into the battery holder. Once I had put all the pieces back and tightened the saddle I smiled, then I saw the two shiny 10mm bolts looking back at me in the box I had used to keep the removed parts safe. Over a cup of tea to steady my thoughts, the penny dropped. They were the two bolts used to hold the black and red power cables on the original battery. The new battery came supplied with two new bolts, which I had used in the installation. Now the bike is back to new, starts almost before you hit the switch!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts