Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealership installed a connector so I can hook up a battery tender to maintain the battery through winter inactivity. I went to attach it and got a flashing orange light instead of the charging indicator I should have gotten. Looking into it this tells me the cables aren't connected.

Long story short, after having to figure out how to get to the battery and spending 15 minutes prying into the bike I discover the battery tenders positive post was connected properly and the negative connector wasn't hooked up to anything. Nice.

Assume it was a lazy setup guy at the dealership and not the dealer that left me hanging...sigh.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Some places want the Setup done in Minutes. Or Maybe the Tech got distracted. And forgot. My Father bought a new Honda push mower. Salesman took it in the back to "Prep". 1st time I went to use it, Something told me to check the Oil Level. When I checked, It was below the stick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Battery Tender???

Battery Tender???? It's supposed to be in the 60's and 70's next week here in NC? Just kidding about the BT not the temps. Cant wait for a Christmas day ride!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery Tender???? It's supposed to be in the 60's and 70's next week here in NC? Just kidding about the BT not the temps. Cant wait for a Christmas day ride!
It is all of a balmy 45 here in KC today but rainy. Barely gotten above freezing the last week. Sorely tempted to go riding right now, but alas, no time.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I took mine out for the first time in 2 weeks. Rain, 20s when I leave for work at 5:30 am. 45F. Did about 40 miles. Couldn't feel my feet when I got home.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My dealership installed a connector so I can hook up a battery tender to maintain the battery through winter inactivity. I went to attach it and got a flashing orange light instead of the charging indicator I should have gotten. Looking into it this tells me the cables aren't connected.

Long story short, after having to figure out how to get to the battery and spending 15 minutes prying into the bike I discover the battery tenders positive post was connected properly and the negative connector wasn't hooked up to anything. Nice.

Assume it was a lazy setup guy at the dealership and not the dealer that left me hanging...sigh.
Mine didn't work either, at first.
Rather than me play around with it, I took it to the dealership, under warrant, to fix/hook up.
It was actually hooked up properly, however, there is an inline fuse on the power cord that had "blown", and required replacement!
Glad they did it, because they had to pull the seat, the bracket over top the battery, and the battery, to get to the fuse on the line! (I had them reroute the cable so in the event I ever had to change that fuse again, I could do it without even removing the seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts