Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been exceptionally cold here in north Florida with temps dropping below 20 F at night. The battery does not hold a charge when it gets that cold. have put it on the charger multiple times but want to replace the actual battery with a fresh one. Has any of you replaced the battery and let me know how much of an effort it will be?

·
Registered
197 Posts
While I have not removed the battery I have read (and watched a video on the YouTube) that it is a huge pain in the butt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Replacing the battery will probably take you about an hour and a half if you are not familiar with the procedure.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I did mine. Took me 1/2 hour. But I have experience and tools from being an Auto Tech.

As far as the Battery, Do you need a Recommendation? I have a Hard Drive Lithium in my 15. Provides 330CCA.Weighs 3 pounds. Direct replacement. NOTE: You would need a Lithium Charger if you decide to go that style. I am currently using a Schumacher SP6. Which has Lead Acid and Lithium modes.

Some Chargers/Tenders have a Desulfate mode. Like my Schumacher. Battery tender as well.

If you want a normal type of battery? Interstate is a reliable brand. Check out reviews on Amazon. AC Delco has one. Don't recall the reliability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts