Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m new here. I’m here looking for an opinion from you guys. Can anyone kindly suggest me the best battery tender for my street rod. I’m from india, it’ll be really helpful if you suggest one.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
704 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully somebody from your part of the world will chime in with some brand recommendations. In the United States I would recommend Battery Tender or Die Hard branded trickle chargers. I've used the Battery Tender Jr. and a wall wart Die Hard on my bikes for a couple of years now and am very satisfied. My father uses a few Harbor Freight trickle charges on riding lawnmowers and is quite satisfied with those. I don't know if any of those brands are even sold on the other side of the world.

You might try going to your local auto parts store to see what they recommend. Anything that puts out 12 volts and has an SAE 2 pin connector should work. My only concern would be how the line voltage side is wired. I've seen some videos of truly dangerous devices from Ali Baba and Wish.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
447 Posts
The HD dealer gave me one when I bought my bike. The HD one has worked great for me.

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
I'm sure the H-D one is pretty good, but am unsure of the current state of H-D dealerships in India. Plus I tend to avoid H-D stuff if I can get quality and lower cost from other brands.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
447 Posts
I'm sure the H-D one is pretty good, but am unsure of the current state of H-D dealerships in India. Plus I tend to avoid H-D stuff if I can get quality and lower cost from other brands.
I'll agree about price, but it works well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you so much guys for your responses. The battery tender Jr. is available on Amazon so buying that won’t be a problem. But one more thing, which one do you guys prefer HD one or the battery tender?

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
I don't have both, just Harbor Freight, Die Hard, and a Battery Tender Jr. That being said, I think any that we have mentioned should work well.

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
It seems well built and quite solid. It's good enough that the bike it was on started in the spring for the last two years.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought a charger from Polo-Motorrad with which I can also charge AGM batteries, I made sure that the plugs that Harley Davidson installed are included.
So far I haven't had any problems.
Greetings enRico ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts