Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
There is guy here that makes engine guards in India for the Street 750/500. He had three styles, HD one, a mustach one and then just single attach point straight pipe ones. If you also decide to install forward front foot controls, then you would not be able to use the first two do to the mounting points on the bike. You might be able to install the Straight pipe single mount above the forward foot controls. Don't know how good that would look but at least you would not have to get brackets for highway pegs. Most of the bikes I've seen with forward front foot controls have no engine guards at all. Just my 2 cents. Here is his website

http://www.devdihatti.in/engine-guard.html

·
Registered
323 Posts
TCMT Engine Guards...OK for now

I got the TCMT engine guards off of Amazon. I wouldn't say they are great, but they do the job. Mine came with some peeling paint so they adjusted the price. I may touch them up with a spray can someday.

Installation was straightforward. Remove the radiator cover bolts so you can install the top bolts. Then remove engine mount bolts one at a time and the lower end of each guard swings into place. Use the supplied longer bolts to secure the bottom end. You may want to paint the bolt heads, as it comes with bright hardware.

My plan is to have these on the bike for my first year riding and then take them off as the forward controls I would like to install look like they use the same bolt holes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well they arrived yesterday. I installed them today.

I do like them. I took off my highway bars. It came with bolts but they are uncoated bolts. So I used the bolts that came with the highway bars.

I like them I can stretch my legs out by laying my legs on them. If I just put my feet on it, my legs just stretch out a little but further than normal. The picture shows the bolts of came with on bottom and the bones I used on top.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice. How wide are they? Meaning -- do they make the bike look silly by being big gigantic rods sticking out? Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Imp they look good. When i had the highway bars I bought bracket to put pegs on them but they had to go in sick a high position and I couldn't get comfortable so I went with these.

I am happy with them. It took about 3 weeks to get here.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice. How wide are they? Meaning -- do they make the bike look silly by being big gigantic rods sticking out? Thanks for the report!
That was really my question as well. I like the idea and all, but going non-traditional is a real gamble. It can either be great, outside the box thinking or there could be a real good reason everybody else isn't already using this design.
Imp they look good. When i had the highway bars I bought bracket to put pegs on them but they had to go in sick a high position and I couldn't get comfortable so I went with these.
This last bunch of photos really helps. I was thinking of mounting pegs to my engine guards, but this actually looks to be a lot less noticeable.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I get a little bit of a cramp in my right hip occasionally on the Street, and stretching my leg out really helps, but there's been nowhere to put it... these bars look like they'd be ideal for that purpose, and they look fine. Think I'll order a set. Thanks for the excellent feedback!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will these also function as engine guards as well as foot pegs? Also can you please provide a link where you bought them?

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is guy here that makes engine guards in India for the Street 750/500. He had three styles, HD one, a mustach one and then just single attach point straight pipe ones. If you also decide to install forward front foot controls, then you would not be able to use the first two do to the mounting points on the bike. You might be able to install the Straight pipe single mount above the forward foot controls. Don't know how good that would look but at least you would not have to get brackets for highway pegs. Most of the bikes I've seen with forward front foot controls have no engine guards at all. Just my 2 cents. Here is his website

ENGINE GUARD
What was the cost of these?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is that a Street Rod? If not, WHERE did you get that air filter cover?!?

Also, did you check out the snake bike on the customs tab of that guy's website?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts