Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even non-Harley guys notice how horrid the stock exhaust is (my buddy on a Honda 250 laughed at me!). So of course I'm looking into getting a slip-on to hopefully remedy the "issue".

I'm looking at a few different ones and narrowed it down to the following:

Screamin' Eagle, Two Brothers, Vance & Hines, Bassani

Beings they are all so close in price, I'm not worried about price difference as a factor. Basically I want the one that sounds best and offers the best performance advantage (if any do).

The local H-D dealer said the Two Brothers sounded a lot better than the Screamin' Eagle, but I can't really find a good solid video of the TB exhaust.

I want a deep rumble, the genuine harley sound, but not obnoxiously loud (but of course loud enough to hear it going down the street ;))

Has anyone tried out the ones I've mentioned, what should I go with?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the two brothers pipe and it sounds great. The youtube videos don't do justice for the sound. I did recordings on my cell, before & after, that doesn't do justice either. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the two brothers pipe and it sounds great. The youtube videos don't do justice for the sound. I did recordings on my cell, before & after, that doesn't do justice either. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Just heard of another one today after viewing a bunch of videos. Called a Speed Merchant. Its about half the price of the others I mentioned and sounds just as good if not better.

Curious if anyone knows about this one, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just heard of another one today after viewing a bunch of videos. Called a Speed Merchant. Its about half the price of the others I mentioned and sounds just as good if not better.

Curious if anyone knows about this one, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on it.
Do look at the Vance and Hines i felt they sounded the best in my perspective :)

·
Vendor
39 Posts
Check out our Loose Cannon and Grand Prix Slip-Ons. Not only the best value available, but the best sounding (IMHO). We would put them up against any other product out there for sound, performance, style, quality...(regardless of price). You can see lots of reviews on them throughout this forum so dont just take my word for it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
367 Posts

I was looking at the speed merchant and the firebrand lose cannon. Ultimately I went with the first one I found available (both were constantly on back order). Ended up with the loose cannon. I like it, but the speed merchant still sounds great as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was looking at the speed merchant and the firebrand lose cannon. Ultimately I went with the first one I found available (both were constantly on back order). Ended up with the loose cannon. I like it, but the speed merchant still sounds great as well.
How was the Loose Cannon's loudness? I want a deep rumble and don't really want it that loud.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I like my v&h comp series, sounds great but doesnt make you deaf while cruising, plus if it isnt loud enough the end plate comes out yet it holds the bsffle in place with different fasteners.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Go for the Firebrand and you won't regret it. Beats the competition hollow on all fronts.
Gotta second Ayedee, the Firebrand Loose Cannon sounds great. (here's mine https://youtu.be/c1oNfZ4xRsQ)
Thanks guys. I went with the FireBrand slip on. It just came today, I ws just asking to find out if it's too loud before opening it. But, I do like the sound of this one the most as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
How was the Loose Cannon's loudness? I want a deep rumble and don't really want it that loud.
Also keep in mind that with the screaming eagle you can remove the baffles to make it even LOUDER and if it's too loud you can add some of the baffles back on. Very easy to do too! Unfortunately the liquid cooled V-twin will never sound like an air cooled Harley. But you can still get a great sound and volume out of it.

Screaming Eagle Nightstick with baffles removed
Screaming Eagle Air cleaner
Vance & Hines Fuelpak FP3

Sometimes I think it's too loud and sometimes I wish it was louder. I'd say that's pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Also keep in mind that with the screaming eagle you can remove the baffles to make it even LOUDER and if it's too loud you can add some of the baffles back on. Very easy to do too! Unfortunately the liquid cooled V-twin will never sound like an air cooled Harley. But you can still get a great sound and volume out of it.

Screaming Eagle Nightstick with baffles removed
Screaming Eagle Air cleaner
Vance & Hines Fuelpak FP3

Sometimes I think it's too loud and sometimes I wish it was louder. I'd say that's pretty much perfect.
True story, its nice to have that option.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts