Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Bike theft down, but not for Harleys

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Mus1ceducator 
#1 ·
Despite the overall number of motorcycle thefts going down, Harley-Davidsons are being stolen even more. Motorcycle sales have been ticking up slightly at the same too.

45,367 motorcycles were reported stolen in the US in 2013, and those are just the ones that were reported. This is lower than the 46,061 bikes reported stolen in 2012.

Harley-Davidson thefts however, went up 4 percent in 2013, with thieves stealing 152 more MoCo bikes during the past year. One argument is that Harley riders leave their bikes unlocked while unattended. That is a pretty stupid mistake in my opinion.

So be on guard so your Harley doesn't get stolen folks!

#5 ·
Security aspects - Key fob

I know that "key fob" is not a standard accessory on the street 750 but is this atleast available as an upgrade option?

Do we have any after market accessory as an alternate to harley's key fob that can be installed on street 750?

And if there is any, what could be the cost of installing the same?

#7 ·
I"m surprised that people are leaving their Harleys out with no security pre-cautioned. You kinda deserve to have your bike stolen if you don't take care to try to prevent theft.

I think its a combination of that, and that people like Harleys so they can probably sell them for a pretty good price once they have stolen them.

#10 ·
I figure that a security feature is going to the first motorcycle accessory that I'll invest in. I'd just feel like such an idiot if I didn't take precautions and had my bike stolen. I find that many people don't really invest in these things when I see bikes parked on the side of the street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.