Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
931 Posts
I'm pretty sure that when the dealership programs the fuel injection for the new intake and exhaust that they don't use a consumer grade tuner that marries to the bike. I'm pretty sure they have a commercial device that plugs into the port on the bike, flashes the map, then unplugs leaving no trace that it was ever there.
I asked at my local large H-D dealership on Monday and they confirmed that when they sell an intake and exhaust they have a tuner that downloads a map and disconnects.
Then put the bike in neutral to start it. It has a safety feature that does not allow the Street to be started if in gear, regardless of whether or not you have the clutch engaged.
I don't think Streets got start in gear protection and a kickstand switch until 2017. I know I've started my 2016 in gear and my brother took off with the kickstand down once.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You might want to pick up the factory service manual if you are going into the workings of the engine beyond the most very basics like checking fluid levels.
I did get one.tested every sensor according to the manual. Still no luck

Is you check engine light on?
It comes on after cranking it a few seconds
Try a capful or two of stabilizer in the gas if the gas has been sitting all winter. Then put the bike in neutral to start it. It has a safety feature that does not allow the Street to be started if in gear, regardless of whether or not you have the clutch engaged.
The gas is new still I'll try, and yes the bike is in neutral

· Super Moderator
931 Posts
@BJB7 - Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately @Ash15 was only active on the site for about a week last year, so we never heard what the resolution was. If you are running into a similar problem you may want to start your own thread.

Reactions: Lesblank

· Super Moderator
931 Posts
@Shanelaw - Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, @Ash15 was only active on the site for about a week last year, so we never heard what the resolution was. If you are running into a similar problem, you may want to start your own thread.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts