Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've been visiting this forum for a while, first time posting though. I rode into work today and stopped to get a sandwich on the way. When I got back to my bike it would not start, it won't crank or anything. Kill switch is off, i parked it on the side of the road and will check it tomorrow. Any tips or advice on what I could try tomorrow?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check the fuses. Just had mine in the shop last weekend because the check engine light was on. Turned out the factory had put a 5amp fuse in where a 15amp was supposed to be. It was the radiator fan and it finally blew when I was in thick city traffic for an extended period of time. Warranty covered it for me. Perhaps you blew a more important fuse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm at work now, I'll see what's up In the morning. If it still doesn't work I'm gonna have to get it towed to the dealership or something

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Maybe the Battery went bad?? Does the Headlamp come on? If you have a Battery Tender Harness, You can check the Voltage using a DVM. Just stick the pins inside the plug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all the lights come on, so I don't think it's the battery. Came outside to check if it magically solved itself lol, but no luck. Gonna get it to a shop when I get off

·
Registered
116 Posts
One thing I have noticed is if the throttle isn't all the way rolled off, mine won't start. I roll it off manually, take my hand off the throttle and break, and hit the starter and it fires up. Seems to be some sort of protection circuit that won't let it start if you are giving it any throttle at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It happened Saturday night into Sunday, and the dealership was flooded with bike I have to leave it there until they find time to get to it. I'll call tomorrow and see if they figured anything out. Thanks guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
One thing I have noticed is if the throttle isn't all the way rolled off, mine won't start. I roll it off manually, take my hand off the throttle and break, and hit the starter and it fires up. Seems to be some sort of protection circuit that won't let it start if you are giving it any throttle at all.
We've seen this on my wife's 750...and we bought it 2 days ago!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey I've been visiting this forum for a while, first time posting though. I rode into work today and stopped to get a sandwich on the way. When I got back to my bike it would not start, it won't crank or anything. Kill switch is off, i parked it on the side of the road and will check it tomorrow. Any tips or advice on what I could try tomorrow?

If you'd done this in London UK you wouldn't have to worry if it wouldn't start LOL! you'd be lucky if was still there:D:D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm horrible for not updating ya ain't I? Anyway something went wrong with the starter and the whole thing had to be switched out. Figured I'd answer in case someone came across this forum looking for answers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts