Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, has been a while since I post something so here it is , I call it Blackout500 project.
Basically I was a bit bored with the look of my bike, and I though I can give it a new look for 2016.
But as always budget was an issue, so this project was complete with less than Au$200 on materials, 3 six-packs of Guinness and around 3 days of work.

THE DESIGN

I first start with the design, I want a black racing strip along the middle of the bike, give in it a more Cafe racer look.
For this idea I had 2 alternatives:
1. Add a matte strip over the middle of the bike.
2. Matte vinyl all the bike and leave a shine strip over the middle of the bike.

Obviously I decide to do the second one, just because I’m an idiot.

But before I start I did some mock up on Photoshop to make sure I did like the look.

Here the pictures:

To be continue...

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
A lot of effort into the project and a finished product that you can be proud of.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Armando ..............Awesome work! Looks great! I have the Denim Black paint and had wondered what a "gloss" stripe would look like. Now I know! And, I love the "matt" finish on the headlight cowl! On my Denim Black bike the glossy cowl just doesn't look right. I see a winter project here!

I see you've also changed off the grips and foot pegs too, as well as adding the black axle nut covers. Sweet!

Again, the bike looks great!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys means a lot

I was was concern if i did justice to an already nice looking bike!
but believe me when I was doing the tank i was wondering why i did not buy the denim version and add just a strip in the middle!

know i need to decide what I want for my birthday.
if i keep the same tank badge or i go with a more custom ones

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'd either replace the original tank badges, or go with the 2nd choice, BUT, will they stay stuck on the 3M wrap???

·
Registered
504 Posts
Did you use 2 pieces of wrap on the tank? Looks like a seam showing on it???

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I like the look. That's a nice statement Stripe.
I have "blacked" out lots of the parts of my bike as I have been able.
1. Bolt covers. I have covered the bolts on the front fender and over the steering yoke plate (handlebar riser upper). over the bolt in the air cleaner,
Budget Black Bolt Cap Screw Cover Hole Plug for 8mm Bolt 6mm Allen Key X12PCS | eBay
2. painted the rivets on the belt guard with black model paint.
3. Replaced shocks with black progressive shocks. (Also lowered an inch)
4. Black twist off bolt to replace screw at the back of the seat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes is a line in there, because is two pieces. next step will be to achieved the tank in one hole piece.
probably that's the reason i haven't add the emblems yet, i want to see if i can do a better job next time i have time to work on it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts