Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! Question about blinkers. What is recommended out there. Which ones are lighted (on all the time. Not blinking of course!!:D) unlike current stock ones.. 2016 Street. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The 2016 model year doesn’t have a third wire to support “running lights”. I believe the 18’ and 19’ do. So I believe a mod called “blinker genie” will achieve the results you are looking for.......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2016 model year doesn’t have a third wire to support “running lights”. I believe the 18’ and 19’ do. So I believe a mod called “blinker genie” will achieve the results you are looking for.......
Thanks for the tip!! I ordered a set. I will let everyone know how they do when I get them installed. Cheers!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK.. So I ended up having the HD shop install the "blinker Genie" Just had the rear done. They work great as far as having the lights on for added visibility. I had asked them to put a resistor in for the "fast" blinking but they did not.. I am going to add one for the front and get a different shop to install and add the resistor to (hopefully) slow the blinking down!! Be safe out there!!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure how many wires but yes I did the back ones. They light up well now!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
You guys might be the ones to offer some advice if I just add on a little question here ...

Changing out the rear 'blinkers' (indicators in the uk ?!!) ... Any specific load resistor required?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly I do not know.. I can do a lot of things but electrical is not one of them!! I can splice a wire or two, but that is it!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Any idea why the rigth side blinker goes faster than the left side, just noticied few days ago, . 2016 model.
This usually happens if one bulb is broken or if the power of bulb is different from the nominal one. In fact, many blinker relays have inside a power sensor that serves precisely to indicate if bulb is broken. In case of broken bulb or bad contact the flashing is 2 times faster. So check if all light is ok and if power are same for all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts