Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I bought a new back rest and was trying to fit it myself. While removing two of the 4 bolts under the seat got damaged. I later realized that I had use star Allen key instead of regular Allen key. I roamed a few places in Bangalore but did not get replacement. Any idea where I can find. Haven't tried the Harley outlets yet. Pics attached
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 5.22.53 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 5.22.53 PM (1).jpeg
for reference

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I had called Tusker Harley and they do not have it stocked. But they had the stock reply - you will find it in JC Road. Placed an order to get it. They have said 40 days. Not very impressed by the service response. Bolts are difficult to stock ? It takes up a lot of precious real-estate ?

PS: I Already visited JC road before calling Tusker. Its quite difficult to track down a bolt in JC Road. First of all its not available in automobile accessories shops, I was pointed away from these shops to 'Nuts and Bolts shops'. These are nondescript shops on the JC road that you will find here and there. I have asked in a few shops and did not find anything close. Came back with 4-5 bolts that looked similar but none worked. This wild goose chase is good lesson for me maintaining a HD. I have been riding bikes for several years now, never had to spend this much time in any sort of maintenance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it finally. A shout out to - Industrial and Auto Hardware, JC Road Bangalore to have this. Had shared the pics to him over whatsapp. He called me over pretty confidently, and when I was over there he was able to search for it and get it. Showed me he had black bolts, if I am specific for the regular steel hue then he can order for me and get it in 7-10 days.

For technical details : What I understood while searching for bolts. This is a button head, allen key/star allen , 17 thread and I think the fastner length is 1 inch. When searching for bots these details will help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts