Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I ride, my right foot is almost always resting on the heat shield for the exhaust. As a result, the shield is getting marked up and I fear my boot is going to start melting. Is this something I should really worry about? Is there a simple solution (other than move your foot stupid)? Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As I ride, my right foot is almost always resting on the heat shield for the exhaust. As a result, the shield is getting marked up and I fear my boot is going to start melting. Is this something I should really worry about? Is there a simple solution (other than move your foot stupid)? Thanks.
you could mount something to it like the street rod comes factory.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Using the heel rest from the Street Rod is probably the best solution. I have done a number of 100-200 mile rides while resting my heel on the heat shield. Yea, it's scuffing up the shield, but so far no problem with either pair of boots that I ride with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Using the heel rest from the Street Rod is probably the best solution. I have done a number of 100-200 mile rides while resting my heel on the heat shield. Yea, it's scuffing up the shield, but so far no problem with either pair of boots that I ride with.
I just spent 15 minutes looking for that heel rest part and can't find it. I'm not the best at these things, do you have a suggestion of what to look for or where? Thanks. (And, I'm glad to hear my boot may actually not melt like the Wicked Witch of the West.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts