Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade the brakes a bit more, I am already using sintered brake pads.

Can somebody please provide some links for all the parts that I need to upgrade the front brakes to stainless braided lines?

I usually buy parts in Amazon and revzilla

Thanks

·
Registered
766 Posts
I want to upgrade the brakes a bit more, I am already using sintered brake pads.

Can somebody please provide some links for all the parts that I need to upgrade the front brakes to stainless braided lines?

I usually buy parts in Amazon and revzilla

Thanks

I seen somewhere that a street owner bought a braided brake line for a sportster and it worked, i'll change mine over when I can also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are your thoughts regarding the sintered pads? Was there a marked improvement?
Yes there is some improvement special near the end of the bite.

I wanted to change to braided brake lines bec. Based on experience it really changes the brake feedback and improves modulation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up need a list of parts

·
Registered
766 Posts
I seen somewhere that a street owner bought a braided brake line for a sportster and it worked, i'll change mine over when I can also.

i'll try to go by our stealer tomorrow and see if the parts guys (or mechanics) can find a braided brake line that will fit on the street models, if so, i'll share the part number.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
367 Posts
HEL makes a great product. Used them on several vehicles in the past. They'll even customize lengths and fitting orientation for you. Good guys to deal with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Do they have a complete kit for replacing the front brakes?
Ca someone pls provide a link

Checked their site nothing listed yet

·
Registered
766 Posts
HEL makes a great product. Used them on several vehicles in the past. They'll even customize lengths and fitting orientation for you. Good guys to deal with.

the following is (partially) from an email, I got back from them;

1. If you measure center of banjo to center of banjo to give me hose length. And also your thread of your banjo bolts top & bottom bolts (sometimes they use 2 different ones) we can make you up a line.

or

2. Send me your old line, I'll make a new one from it and send you both lines with bolts back.

Cost is regularly $49.00 per kit & $6.95 S&H

HEL SOUTH
Toll Free:
order & info
1-877-443-5872
1-850-929-3040
WWW.4HEL.COM
MON-FRI 8AM-4PM

they also have different colors too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't have anything that could measure them :(

I am overseas so I can't send them mine.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Don't have anything that could measure them :(

I am overseas so I can't send them mine.

maybe there is a place over there where you could take them your line and they could make ya one up?

or ask the HD dealer if they sell one that will fit...?

I gotta go by our stealer tomorrow i'll ask them when I'm there if they sell one that fits the street models.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can anyone running EMGO drag bars (same as the ones sold on Tuffside.com) advise how much shorter from stock the lines should be? Definitely want to run the bars but the cables are too long to feel confident haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts