Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about a 1000 miles on the 750 and the brakes continue to worsen. Does anyone know of an American made aftermarket replacement for these OEM brakes?

The point at which they engage, particularly the front, is unpredictable. The ability to modulate them is not impossible, but the output is unpredictable as well.

It seems the lower the speed the more unpredictable they respond.

It's to the point I am considering Fred Flintstone brake shoes.

Otherwise I love this bike...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have about a 1000 miles on the 750 and the brakes continue to worsen. Does anyone know of an American made aftermarket replacement for these OEM brakes?

The point at which they engage, particularly the front, is unpredictable. The ability to modulate them is not impossible, but the output is unpredictable as well.

Brakes are the weak link in Street series quite spongy and soft. There are some aftermarket brake pads available by SBS and EBC. You can also replace the rubber lines with steel lines. One of our forum members has developed an entire assembly with brembo kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Correct we made two kits for the Street. One is with a PM caliper ( made in US) and one with a brembo caliper. i added the flyer showing the brembo set. Brackets are made in Italy. There is a big difference. On this moment we are TUV testing the brake set. We will have them available from mid november. Any questions just let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Harley put their version of Brembo calipers on my VRSCR. I'm sold on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts