Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I just bought my first motorcycle! 2015 Street XG750. I've ridden passenger my whole life so it's really something different to be in the drivers seat! I was looking for some different options for my bike and came across this forum, which looks like there is some info on here! Super excited. :D

PS There really isn't too much you can really do to the XG750?

·
Registered
487 Posts
PS There really isn't too much you can really do to the XG750?
Well as a starting point trawl back through the many threads on this forum to see what is actually possible to change, add, convert, fix or paint on the 2015 Street 750.

I would just start at the beginning - the evil standard mirrors supplied by H-D. Once you have replaced the standard ones with ones you can actually see behind you, you will wish you could do more to your bike. The 750 is a real dream bike for a first time owner so go out and enjoy it.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum. I think you will enjoy your ride. As previously mentioned, the mirrors are a big deal. Next thing you may want to consider is being "heard" in traffic. Get a loud muffler. There is actually quite a selection available in the narrow aftermarket. Want to add about 7 HP? then add a K&N air filter. Ride safe.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Lisa!

There are certainly not as many off the shelf options for these bikes as there are for the bigger bikes in the H-D line. Part of that is due to this model being fairly new, and a lot of it is that these models are perceived as beginners bikes that people aren't going to do much to before moving up to a bigger bike.

A couple of years ago a number of the dealers in my area did custom builds based on these bikes. They had the advantage of a back room full of experienced motorcycle techs, but if you give us some ideas of what you would like to do we can point you to some threads or offer suggestions.

Propnut is correct. Fix the mirrors now. You won't be sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts