Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
just bought a 18' street rod 750 almost a month ago, have close to 2000 miles already. trying to find the best aftermarket exhaust, tuner, and find out as much about these bikes as I can.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welcome. You are at the right place to get the best information on an aftermarket exhaust for your Street Rod. While waiting for replies why don't you search the threads on this forum to find some leads that will help you as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome, get your bikes picture up, we all love piccys.

For muffler, air filter & tuner I went with S&S Grand National and their Stealth Air filter intake, (make sure you check the right one, as the one for the Street one won't fit as it's a single throttle body) and the FP3 from Vance & Hines. They are a good combination and work well together. I'm impressed with how they improve the Street Rod.

·
Registered
335 Posts
trying to find the best aftermarket exhaust, tuner,
Depends on what you mean by "best". For example, ANY tuner will immediately void your factory 2-year, unlimited-miles powertrain warranty (except Harley's own tuner). So, if you care about your warranty, Harley's Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner is not only the "best", it's the "only" tuner you can use.

If you're not inside the USA, that restriction doesn't necessarily apply, but inside the USA Harley is mandated by the federal courts and the EPA to void any and all powertrain warranties if any aftermarket tuner is used.

The situation with the exhaust is not so dire, but ... as long as you're getting an EPA-certified compliant exhaust, then Harley shouldn't be able to say anything about it affecting the warranty. But if you modify the EPA emissions control devices (by removing the catalytic converter, or mounting a non-EPA-certified set of headers, etc) then yeah, warranty is gone.

If you want to stay warranty-compliant, the Screamin' Eagle Nightstick is a fine muffler, that's what I had on mine. The intake makes more of a difference in performance than the exhaust does, but the Screamin' Eagle intakes are pretty weak. You might want to look at something like the Arlen Ness Big Sucker; some of those are EPA-compliant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts