Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two months ago I bought a brand new Tri Glide Ultra for $44k. I put 330 miles on it and the TC & ABS lights came on. I dropped it off and after 2 days and 3 unreturned phone calls, I drove back to dealership and told them I’m taking my bike home until they have time to look at it. Only then did they briefly look at it and said I can’t drive it because “there’s a problem with a brake sensor.” After 2 more days and 2 more unreturned phone calls, I feel helpless. Why is it so hard return my phone call to tell me exactly what’s wrong and what needs to be done to fix it. It’s a brand new bike. After spending $44k at that dealership 2 months ago, I would think they would be a little more helpful.

· Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Bandera, Texas
649 Posts
Welcome to the site. Might not get many replies as this site is a HD Street 500 and 750 site. But the issue of getting good service happens to all. Congrats on the trike, I resenty, three months ago, bought a Freewheeler myself and love it. I'll agree a simple phone call, even if only to say it might be a few days before they can service it, would go a long ways. One thing I've found over the years, build a positive relationship with people you want to do business with. They might be paid to "take care of you", but I've had better results with a positive attitude. Hopefully you issue gets resolved quickly.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you about the positive attitude. Although it’s hard to be positive when there’s little to be positive about. I’m mostly trying to find out if what I’m experiencing is normal. I feel like they’re looking at me like I’m crazy when I ask them a simple question like “can you give me an idea what’s wrong with it”. I shouldn’t have to wait 5 days and still counting to know what the problem is with a brand new bike. They should be more curious than me about what’s wrong because there are dozens of other new bikes on their floor they’re trying to sell. They’re going to have a hard time selling any new bikes if potential buyers think they’re going to breakdown within the first month

· Registered
722 Posts
Is this not one of those times that the dealership can identify a bad brake sensor but ordering a replacement part from H-D takes five weeks. Just a suggestion as my bike has neither TC or ABS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts