Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed 10.5" or 11" shocks on the street? I'm looking to do it and can't find any that specifically fit. If you were able to do it what brand and model number did you use and did it bolt right up or did you need new bushings of bolts. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also what one do you work at in case I have questions regarding install? Unless you don't want to reveal that which I would understand

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am running 11" progressives on my street
Everything came with the kit to be a bolt in deal

·
Registered
203 Posts
13.5" eye to eye

PS-412-4062B is the part number for the ones I got, mate

PS-412-4063B is the part number for the 11.5"(which I'd recommend, and get myself, if I could go back in time)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
112 Posts
I run the Progressive's 970's off of the XR1200's ... they bolt right up. 13" if I remember correctly. Great ride in the back and having the ability to adjust the variables in the shocks on the fly ... it's priceless.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No problem I just installed that set on one of our riders academy bikes., work out of brandon harley davidson here in Florida. , just did my third street recall today as well

·
Registered
11 Posts
Correct! Stock shocks 13"

I have the Progressive 444's.
504-498 444 SERIES SHOCK BLACK 13" (Heavy duty)

If I was to do it all over... I would go with 'standard' not 'heavy duty' for more comfort. It handles like a dream, a little stiff on some roads. The "free spirits" fork upgrade kit helped balance out the stiffer rear shocks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
10.5 burley for the sportster bolts right on, thats what we put on our custom street 750
Any issues with bottoming out the fender? Any pics of the finished bikes so I can see the stance of the bike? Did you leave the front shocks stock/same height as stock?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hellbilly already did the Burly 10.5 Slammers on his wife's Street, and they have already traded up. I heeded many of his recommendations and went with the 10.5 myself. Here is a recent pic of Black Betty!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts