Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my 3rd outing on my 750. I haven't ridin since '87, and that was on my '83 R65 BMW. Loved that bike and think Ill love the Street even more. I don't haul passengers so the mid size bike fits my needs. The issue I have with this bike is the throttle cable seems to have a lot of slop in it. I haven't looked at it real closely but, thought I'd ask how do I adjust this?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Can you expand on what you mean by slop in the cable?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just saw this from from 2014. I have the same issue. There's a lot of free play in my throttle cables. I will sort it out eventually, but I wouldn't mind some advice on it from an experienced adjuster!
I bought a service manual download yesterday. I'm hoping I'll get some helpful info there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
From the Service Manual - Open the throttle adjuster covers on the handlebar. Squirt with silicone lube, or WD40. Peel them off, exposing the hardware. Loosen the nuts. Extend the long adjuster, taking up cable slack. Tighten the lock nut. Pull the rubber covers back over the hardware. You're done. I didn't have to do the adjustment on the throttle body.

Cable Adjust P 46.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts