Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm looking at getting 12" apes on my street xg750, does anyone know the standard length of the throttle, idle and clutch cable, also the length of the brake line, I know I'm going to have to go down the custom made route its just trying to get the correct length needed and HD UK are useless
Cheers spikey

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi folks, I'm looking at getting 12" apes on my street xg750, does anyone know the standard length of the throttle, idle and clutch cable, also the length of the brake line, I know I'm going to have to go down the custom made route its just trying to get the correct length needed and HD UK are useless
Cheers spikey
Yes I had to replace my clutch and throttle cables previously. Clutch cable is 54 3/8" with a travel length of 2 13/16". The throttle and idle cables I only know the housing length, throttle is 29 7/8" with a travel length of 4 1/4". Idle is 31 1/8" with a travel length of 4 3/4".

I used https://www.magnumshielding.com/ to replace my stock cables with their stock cable lengths and they fit perfect. Much better over stock for durability. They offer increased sizes up to +6" over stock sizes on cables. For the brake line they also offer that although I've not ordered one myself but you can see it in the menu when you search your bike year and model. Everything is made to order as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have the Magnum black pearl cables on my Street 750. You can get the cables longer than +6 buts its a bit extra. Somewhere here on this forum I posted the sizes of the cables I used for my 12 inch mini ape install on my bike. In fact, I'm going to go for a ride this afternoon when the temp reaches 40 F.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cheers spikey
Yes I had to replace my clutch and throttle cables previously. Clutch cable is 54 3/8" with a travel length of 2 13/16". The throttle and idle cables I only know the housing length, throttle is 29 7/8" with a travel length of 4 1/4". Idle is 31 1/8" with a travel length of 4 3/4".

I used Magnum Shielding to replace my stock cables with their stock cable lengths and they fit perfect. Much better over stock for durability. They offer increased sizes up to +6" over stock sizes on cables. For the brake line they also offer that although I've not ordered one myself but you can see it in the menu when you search your bike year and model. Everything is made to order as well.

Thanks for the info! I got AL Chopper 1" NARROW BOURBON APE BARS 12" RISE BLACK UNIVERSAL. I am checking the Magnum website for cables and wondering if I need to choose +4 or +6 to having the best length. could you please advise. thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts