Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone tried wrapping their bike. I heard they don't usually wrap Harleys because the heat makes it peel, but was wondering if that's the same case for the street 750 model?

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
494 Posts
I've seen several bikes, including Harleys, with mixed success. Don't think the heat is an issue, but the compound curves our bike's tins have. Someone that's good at applying can make it look nice. Then I've seen some that had all kinds of ripples and bubbles in it around curves on gas tank. I do know it's faster and cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
781 Posts
Harley-Davidson and Harley riders in general tend to be pretty proud of the paint jobs that go on these bikes at the factory. Owners may be concerned that wrapping a bike and then removing the wrap will damage the underlying paint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having worked with vehicle vinyl, I can tell you the vinyl will preserve your paint in mint condition.

I attempted it on my street rod, and got every part except the tank. I realized I would need to completely removed the tank and do them in pieces with the way it's shaped. By then I had tore the tank vinyl and decided to remove everything else. I'll update if I make another attempt and is successful, but if you have no experience it's best to find a vehicle vinyl installer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.