Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone from Canada. I'm looking forward to seeing the 500 up close when they become available in Canada. In Manitoba >500cc means a big jump in insurance prices so an H.D 500cc is right on perfect for here. I used to have a 79 CX500C that I was learning to ride but had to sell for kids school tuition and it was about 450 lbs I think. The street 500 would be similar in size but not the same h.p. The CX had 49 hp and 49 lbs torque and for a small bike it was plenty fast, well fast for a new rider anyway lol.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey there. Welcome to the forum. There are some other Canadians on here as well. I am living in Toronto at the moment. The 500 sounds like it will be a perfect fit for you. I also can't wait to get my hands on one of these for a test ride.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Hi to everyone from Canada. I'm looking forward to seeing the 500 up close when they become available in Canada. In Manitoba >500cc means a big jump in insurance prices so an H.D 500cc is right on perfect for here. I used to have a 79 CX500C that I was learning to ride but had to sell for kids school tuition and it was about 450 lbs I think. The street 500 would be similar in size but not the same h.p. The CX had 49 hp and 49 lbs torque and for a small bike it was plenty fast, well fast for a new rider anyway lol.
Well that is a good way to escape from paying overpriced insurance policies. Sometimes I think we are just being extorted to pay in order to ride. How long has it been since you went for a ride?

Welcome to the forum by the way! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.