Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I posted this in 750 tech forum too, admin I hope that's ok! 0:)

I'm completely redesigning my street rod, and in the process I changed all the lights to LED. When the bike is in ignition mode it flashes at correct speed however when I start the bike, it hyperflashes. Soooo weird!

I assume canbus will sort itself out, however I'm also guessing that it would need some sort of a prod to do it first. Does anyone know the procedure to to reset canbus? I read somewhere that other harleys require the use of hazard lights which the street doesn't have...hmm

Anyway, I hope someone can help!

Here's a little snap of the ongoing project. Any questions, I'm happy to answer - The seat will be a brat style, short seat. I had to cut the rear frame a little :O Bought a cheapie chinese made seat and had it reupholstered (coming soon).

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone!

I posted this in 750 tech forum too, admin I hope that's ok! 0:)

I'm completely redesigning my street rod, and in the process I changed all the lights to LED. When the bike is in ignition mode it flashes at correct speed however when I start the bike, it hyperflashes. Soooo weird!

I assume canbus will sort itself out, however I'm also guessing that it would need some sort of a prod to do it first. Does anyone know the procedure to to reset canbus? I read somewhere that other harleys require the use of hazard lights which the street doesn't have...hmm

Anyway, I hope someone can help!

Here's a little snap of the ongoing project. Any questions, I'm happy to answer - The seat will be a brat style, short seat. I had to cut the rear frame a little :O Bought a cheapie chinese made seat and had it reupholstered (coming soon).
Yo is your build finished? Can you send photos? It looks like a design I want to do to mine. I like Bratstyle with fat tires and low. I couldn't send a DM because I'm new here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I assume canbus will sort itself out, however I'm also guessing that it would need some sort of a prod to do it first.
The wire twist? That's Can bus. It is sending input to the dash, and the prod has been done already, meaning, it has no clue how fast it is going, it separates one display on the dash from another. So it is reading perfectly well the flasher is in need of a heavy duty flasher is my guess; to blink slower.

Does anyone know the procedure to reset canbus?
Back to the wire twist. There is no reset per say of a Can bus. It's in the wire harness. There are just two wires twisted as a hi-lo wire(s). https://www.csselectronics.com/pages/can-bus-simple-intro-tutorial
That means two wires out of the processor, and up to the dash. There is no procedure, but if you had no display on a group of dash readouts, you would look for a dropped hi-lo wire.

I read somewhere that other harleys require the use of hazard lights which the street doesn't have...hmm

#15.... NAPA store. HD flasher. Just an assumption is all that is needed.

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofich...NC) ELECTRICAL - SWITCHES W/ CIRCUIT BREAKERS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts