Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if I can remove the CAT and install my Vance and Hines muffler in it's place?, or will it upset the engine??

·
Registered
451 Posts
Street XG750 CAT removal is easy. Don't even need to pull the header. Remove exhaust pipe. Drill CAT scrape out the rest vacuum out what you can start it blow the trash out put pipe on done.
Next question: no it will not effect the way it runs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in missouri and we have to have annual safety and emissions done on our vehicles. Would this effect the emissions testing?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I live in missouri and we have to have annual safety and emissions done on our vehicles. Would this effect the emissions testing?
This would depending on if they test exhaust with measuring equipment of just look at it. If they just look at it NO.
If I was concerned at a test I would then just by a factory header and have it to just bolt on for the test. It is no big deal to swap out a header on the Street.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This would depending on if they test exhaust with measuring equipment of just look at it. If they just look at it NO.
If I was concerned at a test I would then just by a factory header and have it to just bolt on for the test. It is no big deal to swap out a header on the Street.
I am not actually sure if they measure the output of the exhaust. I know on cars they thoroughly check for leaks and to make sure you have a cat and muffler. i will have to look into that.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a second set of head pipes, cutting out the cat section, find a piece of stainless steel pipe that fits and having a guy at work weld it all up.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a second set of head pipes, cutting out the cat section, find a piece of stainless steel pipe that fits and having a guy at work weld it all up.
You are making this much harder than it is on the Street. Remove you exhaust pipe ,look in side head , there is the CAT you can drill it then scrape it out with out cutting the header. Clean it out good and out what ever pipe you want on it. Buying a header with a CAT in it is not cheap. All that cutting and welding is just not necessary . The CAT is tough but you can get it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts