Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I need some help. Im planing to change my stock tank to a sportster 48 tank. Since the street 750 fuel pump wont fit in the new tank i will use the 48 fuel pump.

Does anybody know if im gonna run into problems with that? Pressure issues? control issues?

Other suggestions how to get that done?

Appreciate your help!

cheers
mar

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would suggest looking in a Shop Manual for both. To check the Fuel PSI to see if they are the same. Then its a matter of, Is the Wiring Plug the same?? You may need to change the Fuel Line.

Earlier this year I replaced my Ignition Coil with one listed for a Sportster 883. I checked the Ohms and Pin layouts to confirm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldent find specifications for the street 750 pump yet. My guess is that the sportster ones have a higher PSI and flow rate. But since there is a pressure valve which controls that it should not be a problem.

My main concern is if the electrical control is able to actuate the pump?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You May need the Plug for the 48 Pump. If you have to change the Plug, Just follow the Wiring Diagrams. And Solder with Heat shrink tubing. Or use the Sealing Crimp connectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate! Im gonna try it out!

If anyones interested i can post how it worked out.

I hope i get all the parts and get it done befor christmas.

cheers guys!

·
Registered
504 Posts
mar;202841 Im planing to change my stock tank to a sportster 48 tank. mar [/QUOTE said:
Why?

Seems like a lot of work, and expense ..................for what?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts