Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received some items in the mail the other day from Chris at Chappell customs! I finally had a few minutes today to tackle my first project of the year which was their tuffside DIY seat cover. I ended up picking black with nickel colored diamond stitching to keep with the black and silver hints on the bike as well as to tie in my Biltwell thruster diamond grips. All in all it was a super easy install and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to change the look of the seat! Couldn't be happier with it! Thanks again Chris! I'll post once I get my Chappell customs slip on and fender eliminator installed! Here's the finished product...

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great Jmiske!

How "tight" is the fit? Is it loose anywhere and gathered?
The fit is actually spot on. If you look at the cover with the stock cover it is pretty much identical down to the cut outs for the tab on the rear of the seat where the screw goes. Quality of the materials is a lot nicer than stock HD as well which I'm happy about! All I used to install was a basic staple gun and the product was very easy to pull tight. I just lined up my seam on one side and worked my way around the seat

·
Registered
504 Posts
BUT ...............how does it feel after a 400-500km ride? It's still the same old "stock" Harley seat, isn't it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUT ...............how does it feel after a 400-500km ride? It's still the same old "stock" Harley seat, isn't it?
I can't speak for how it feels after that long of a ride. It is the stock seat, just with a new cover. Most of my riding is done in town so the seat hasn't been too harsh for me to handle. It appears though that there is some extra cushion built into the cover when compared to stock which gives the diamond stitch a bit more of its full look when compared to the stock seat. All in all though I'm pleased with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts